House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Who Had A Heart - Cilla Black Back In Charts

crashmonitor

HOLA441

Internet downloads and it is back in the charts 5 decades after its release at 46.

Courtesy of the ITV biography of Cilla Black, brilliantly played by Sheridan Smith...who tbh sounds a bit better than Cilla imo.

Not that I don't have a bit of nostalgia re young Cilla, who after all was the biggest UK female singer of the 60s. Something that seemed to be lost when she launched her later TV career with Surprise Surprise and Blind Date. Suddenly the voice became rasping and her persona irritating.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Cilla on ITV has been very good indeed. The money spent on the production very worthwhile. 'Our Cilla' did indeed have quite a pop career in the 60s.

I'm rather fond of The Liverpool Lullaby.

Sheridan Smith is quite an actress (and I mean that in a nice way).

HOLA4410

The Daily Mirror had an article in the late 60's where they asked a pop promoter and an opera promoter to evaluate singers from the other genre. A couple of opera singers were reckoned to have pop potential, can't remember who as opera isn't for me. The opera guy was really impressed with Cilla Black though. Said she could do opera if she took the training seriously.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

How about Lulu? Big voice. own show on the bbc.

She had Hendrix and the Experience on in 69 and introduced them to play 'Hey Joe', which the did until Hendrix gets bored and says 'enough of this rubbish' and launches into an unscripted Cream number (some say calculated to overrun into the Lulu's customary 'duet with the last act' slot, which he didn't appear to fancy) which resulted in the beeb pulling the plug and a BBC ban for Hendrix that lasted all of about 10 minutes.

See Hendrix tuning his upside-down strat mid-song.

To have lived through those times!

I think Lulu represented the manufactured predictable music industry to come, which we have now.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Cilla's a bright and determined lady who made the right connections and worked hard.

She wasn't much of a singer but nor were Hendrix or Dylan; she caught the mood of the time.

It may surprise you to hear that I wasn't a regular viewer of Blind Date but the odd time I saw it she held the show together very well.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

That's in a mask mate! It could actually be Claire Blading under there.

She's nothing special without enormous amounts of make-up but is a decent actress which is what she's actually famous for.

Looks OK to me Frank! Nice head on her!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I won't be ungentlemanly enough to post photos of her without half an inch of slap on but let's just say she is one actress who has genuinely made it through talent..

I just like a woman who can get a "joke" and have two eyes pointing in "roughly the same direction". You are obviously more choosy than me. Are you single too? :blink:

Archived