House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

giesahoose

Parking Issue

I was in a Tesco car park earlier in the week and I parked next to a large Volvo with running boards on. When I opened my car door it touched the running board ( I didn't know it had these protruding moronic things). The driver was in the front seat and gave me some verbals ( like I give a monkeys) . When I returned from my brief shop my front offside tyre was flat. Limped to petrol station pumped it up and it has been up since. I think I will recognise this person again and will make sure he is rather sorry ( wannker )......... Don't know why I told you that but the post made it come to mind.

This just has this attitude because he's a tool. A lawyer used to live near some relatives of mine. He reversed his car into a neighbours car, in full view of some other neighbours, and just denied it and stonewalled any discussion about it. Successfully. Some people are just idiots.

So, can you buy a wreck of a car, park it right up to the dividing line and SORN it in situ?

This just has this attitude because he's a tool. A lawyer used to live near some relatives of mine. He reversed his car into a neighbours car, in full view of some other neighbours, and just denied it and stonewalled any discussion about it. Successfully. Some people are just idiots.

So, can you buy a wreck of a car, park it right up to the dividing line and SORN it in situ?

Its actually a woman, her cars a banger so obviously doesn't mind her car smacking off others. Edge of her door is actually covered in multicoloured dents and bashes.

SORNing the car idea would mean i couldn't park my own car too :(

Its actually a woman, her cars a banger so obviously doesn't mind her car smacking off others. Edge of her door is actually covered in multicoloured dents and bashes.

If you don't want to waste a spud, try some flexible filler

I was in a Tesco car park earlier in the week and I parked next to a large Volvo with running boards on. When I opened my car door it touched the running board ( I didn't know it had these protruding moronic things). The driver was in the front seat and gave me some verbals ( like I give a monkeys) . When I returned from my brief shop my front offside tyre was flat. Limped to petrol station pumped it up and it has been up since. I think I will recognise this person again and will make sure he is rather sorry ( wannker )......... Don't know why I told you that but the post made it come to mind.

Tesco not got CCTV footage you could ask for?

Flat has carpark with marked spaces, neighbour repeatedly dings my car with their door and has now said well you can't prove it.

Absolutely raging

Park in her space. Repeatedly .

Ok, tell her if her ar5e wasn't so big she wouldn't need to open the door so wide and then sit back and enjoy watching her slow descent into full blown anorexia and ultimate death from starvation.

If you've got kids it may be possible to fastrack the process by coaching them to always refer to her loudly as 'the fat lady' whenever she's in earshot.

I think annoyance at car scratches and stuff is a peculiarly British habit. I recall being in Paris once where a small Citroen was pushing cars apart so it could park in a small space between two parked cars. Their cars are covered in dents and scratches - they're made of metal after all for a reason. And bumpers are literally to be used for bumping. Brits have a hissy fit if they have a dent in their bumper for Chrissake.

Just loosen up. Get over it.

Bumpers used to be for bumping. Now they're expensive, colour coded accessories.

Cars are expensive, even bangers, people have a right to be upset when someone damages them negligently.

Bumpers used to be for bumping. Now they're expensive, colour coded accessories.

Cars are expensive, even bangers, people have a right to be upset when someone damages them negligently.

Totally agree! Also if it's a company car on a lease, the lease company doesn't go along with "just loosen up, get over it" when you give it back.

I dare say the lady in question (who obviously doesn't give a damn about her car) has plenty of other posessions (e.g. iphone, expensive shoes or handbags) that she wouldn't take kindly to other people damaging.

No point in taking revenge though, these things just escalate tit for tat. Maybe the solution is a big piece of foam on the side of your car? Don't know how you'd keep it attached though. It's possible to buy rubber strips for protecting doors, but may spoil the look of the car a little.

Flat has carpark with marked spaces, neighbour repeatedly dings my car with their door and has now said well you can't prove it.

Absolutely raging

....don't blame him, it is the new narrow width of parking spaces, squeeze another few in....you try getting a child from a car seat when cars have to park so close together..... Solution don't drive a decent car so that any new dents and scratches can't be noticed, cheaper, easier and calmer life.

No point in taking revenge though, these things just escalate tit for tat. Maybe the solution is a big piece of foam on the side of your car? Don't know how you'd keep it attached though. It's possible to buy rubber strips for protecting doors, but may spoil the look of the car a little.

Does no one sell foam blankets for parked cars?

Dragons! I have a product...

Get video evidence of it. Then sue her for the repairs.

If the fuel tank filler is unlocked then a pound of sugar into the tank is a surefire showstopper.

Added benefit is it would 'break down' away from the parking spot and would be an expensive repair. Upside of course is some respite for a while.

Criminal damage of course if it can be proved but then so is dinking her door on to yours accident or not.

Or is the spot is secluded you take a dump on her windscreen in the middle of the night.

Of course there is DNA testing but some thieves targeted a pub I know and got away with £5,000 worth of stock and cash. One of them had the foresight to do their business in the ice bucket. When it was 'suggested' they could get DNA evidence there was very little enthusiasm. The Chief Inspector just told the landlord to quietly dispose of the ice bucket...

My car doors are dinged all over. The car's only 9 years old, which I think makes it the youngest car I've ever owned. I had to bite my tongue yesterday when my passengers, who I was taking on a day out as a favour, opened one of the doors into a bollard.

I honestly don't think that in this day and age, unless you're prepared to always park in the very furthest corner of the supermarket and walk across, that you can expect to have a ding free car for very long. So the issue here is that you've asked your neighbour to stop doing it, and she's told you to FO, which makes her an awful person.

So just set up CCTV and then sue her for the cost of repairs. You'll likely win, and it will be a massive aggravation for her.

So just set up CCTV and then sue her for the cost of repairs. You'll likely win, and it will be a massive aggravation for her.

I've got a friend who did that.

I actually felt sorry for the neighbour because they were obviously trying very hard in the video not to touch it and the door just sprang that last bit on it's own when they looked away.

He had an Evoque though (almost new) so not happy to have a ding in it.

Didn't quite get to court.. But the neighbour did have to claim off their (home?) insurance in the end.

Needless to say their relationship with the neighbours is non-existent now.. Apart from icy stares over the fence.

I miss the days of no CCTV in every corner AND car doors that were opened with good old fashioned keys rather than the now de facto standard radio transmitter 'bleep bleep' key fob..........many a tube of superglue did I expend on the locks of anti-social motorists!

I think annoyance at car scratches and stuff is a peculiarly British habit. I recall being in Paris once where a small Citroen was pushing cars apart so it could park in a small space between two parked cars. Their cars are covered in dents and scratches - they're made of metal after all for a reason. And bumpers are literally to be used for bumping. Brits have a hissy fit if they have a dent in their bumper for Chrissake.

Just loosen up. Get over it.

I hear its just the same in Italy. They seem really surprised that we have parking sensors fitted, they just move backwards and forwards when parking until they hear and feel a bump.

always park well away from other cars at what I think is the furthest spot in a car park. More often than not when I return there are cars parked next to mine. It does irk me as I spend time to keep my car clean, tidy and looking good.