House Price Crash Forum
goldbug9999

Ukip To Abolish Inheritance Tax

The anti-Brussels party is to include a pledge to scrap the 40% death duty on estates in its manifesto for next year’s general election.

Ukip insiders say the annual tax grab from bereaved families, worth around £3.5billion to the Treasury this year, is fundamentally unjust and needs to be got rid of as a matter of principle.

Good. It is fundamentally unjust.

Anyway, I think most people on here acknowlegde that UKIP aren't necessarily "HPC friendly"... but what alternatives have we got? Back to the Red party that tripled house prices (oh yes, but trust them this time, they'll "do the right thing"), back to the Blue party who have kept them high and even used government money to do so, or maybe the Yellow party that can't decide whether to abolish student fees or ramp them up to £9k?

At least with the ability to control our own borders, UKIP could tackle one of the reasons for ever higher house prices - that of stuffing half a million more people every year into the same limited 5% (or whatever % it is) of land.

Sadly, there is no "HPC friendly" party.

UKIP are just a slightly more refreshing alternative to the LibLabCon oligopoly.

By voting for them, you're at least giving LibLabCon the shaking up they deserve, to perhaps shake them out of their cosy Red / Blue game of "Who's Turn Is It [To Run The Country] Anyway?"

Edited by FallingAwake

Does anyone actually pay it?

Most people must slip under the threshold and the rest largely avoid it through gifting etc.. no?

Not a very big deal either way I would have thought, but probably fairly sensible to do something with it (either scrap it or actually give it some teeth).

the only reason ukip the Conservative Party exist is to protect the interest of the ruling class

they want wealth to pass cleanly and efficiently from one generation to the next

Corrected for you.

Have the ruling class really only been interested in preserving their wealth for about 20 years or so? :D

Good idea.

Only those escaping the clutches of being poor actually end up paying it. The rich just don't.

I would get rid of both cgt and inheritance tax and simply tax property and other assets on an annual basis...on the basis that most of the increase comes from ultra loose monetary policy or other people's efforts in the first place.

So, basically, it would need a more rounded approach for ukip's suggestion to attract my vote.

Yes I agree.

However I can see that a lot of those who have a mortgage free overpriced house will like this idea.

Farage is also agreeing with the current suggestion of english devolution to make things fair.

Adding to that he's also tapping in to a lot of dissatisfaction with the eu and/or excess immigration.

Then the thoughts that some people have of trying something different/protest vote because they're pi**ed off.

I can see ukip getting a fair number of votes. Up here in scotland membership of snp/greens is surging and labour are being watched suspiciously by core supporters. I think they're also under intense scrutiny in england.

It doesn't matter to me who wins the election as I think uk is just spiraling downward in a globalised world. But I think liblabcon are going to be shaken up.

Yes I agree.

However I can see that a lot of those who have a mortgage free overpriced house will like this idea.

Farage is also agreeing with the current suggestion of english devolution to make things fair.

Adding to that he's also tapping in to a lot of dissatisfaction with the eu and/or excess immigration.

Then the thoughts that some people have of trying something different/protest vote because they're pi**ed off.

I can see ukip getting a fair number of votes. Up here in scotland membership of snp/greens is surging and labour are being watched suspiciously by core supporters. I think they're also under intense scrutiny in england.

It doesn't matter to me who wins the election as I think uk is just spiraling downward in a globalised world. But I think liblabcon are going to be shaken up.

Somebody on the radio this morning claimed that the surge in support for the SNP will see them overtake the LibDems any day now? Fantastic if true. Dissatisfaction with the Westminster troika is unprecedented in my experience. People want anything but LibLabCon.

Yes I agree.

I think devolution of some kind is going to happen now anyway, just not in the way the snp want or nulabout expect.

cameron has played a good hand here.

english votes have been not just ignored, but belittled and demonised over the past administration.

best solution for everyone now is something like "electora college" type politics in UK.

with a national, federal government administering only very core services to all..like defence

the rest can be governed at "state" level.

Somebody on the radio this morning claimed that the surge in support for the SNP will see them overtake the LibDems any day now? Fantastic if true. Dissatisfaction with the Westminster troika is unprecedented in my experience. People want anything but LibLabCon.

I've read today that snp membership has now overtaken libdems and has 3rd largest membership in uk. In a time when party membership is generally declining. We also have the 45 group who are not accepting that scottish independence has been settled for a generation. I'm sensing a bottom up grass roots movement up here in scotland. For the record I voted yes just for the hell of it and as a protest against westminster and the staus quo.

I'm also feeling that dissatisfaction with westminster is unprecedented and growing which suits me as I've felt like an outsider in that respect for a while now.

Watching with interest how party politics in uk are going regarding liblabcon..

What else can one do but watch the deckchairs being rearranged as the uk ship goes down? My own perspective is a sort of resigned amusement that at least the liblabcon goons in westminster are probably having some sleepless nights that the uk population might vote for someone else but them.

Does anyone actually pay it?

Most people must slip under the threshold and the rest largely avoid it through gifting etc.. no?

Not a very big deal either way I would have thought, but probably fairly sensible to do something with it (either scrap it or actually give it some teeth).

I would think quite a lot pay it in the SE. You wouldn't need a very special house to put you over the couple's threshold (£650k?) in many places. And savings in cash/bonds/equities/whatever will not be gifted if the person needs them for income, as many retirees do.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-housing-spokesman-trousering-fortune-3175130

I've decided when ever anyone brings up UKIP on this HOUSE PRICE CRASH website I'm going to reiterate who is their f'g housing spokesman.

Which of the following do you prefer..... Labour, Conservative or LibDem, or do you have another viable alternative?

Give them all a kicking and vote UKIP.

Which of the following do you prefer..... Labour, Conservative or LibDem, or do you have another viable alternative?

Give the establishment a kicking by voting for an even more pro-establishment party? Vote for whoever you like, but that makes no sense.

The more people vote UKIP the more the other parties will tailor their policies towards those of UKIP (as has already happened with all main parties offering the same core crap). Given that UKIP seem to be the nimbiest of the nimby I don't get your rationale at all. If you just want out of the EU then vote for UKIP on that basis (or any other of their policies), but to vote on the pivot of making a point is stupid.

If I was a resident of england and wanted to protest against liblabcon I would vote ukip.

Up here in scotland I refrained from several years of spoiling my ballot paper and voted yes in the referendum as a protest against westminster. If the momentum continues regarding dissatisfaction with westminster come election time I'll vote snp rather than spoil my paper. They seem to be mainly a civic nationalist party rather than an ethnic nationalist party these days otherwise I wouldn't do that. Perhaps they would be viewed differently if they were called the scottish independence party?

Of course in england there is the worry of the likes of the violent types in bnp. Hopefully those types are a minority in both scotland and england.

Give the establishment a kicking by voting for an even more pro-establishment party? Vote for whoever you like, but that makes no sense.

The more people vote UKIP the more the other parties will tailor their policies towards those of UKIP (as has already happened with all main parties offering the same core crap). Given that UKIP seem to be the nimbiest of the nimby I don't get your rationale at all. If you just want out of the EU then vote for UKIP on that basis (or any other of their policies), but to vote on the pivot of making a point is stupid.

Who would you vote for then and why?

When I compare Miliband, Clegg, Cameron and Farage, I know which one I'd rather have as PM, so I shall be voting UKIP.

As a group of people, UKIP are, broadly speaking, c***s. They are the non-Etonian boomer VI wing of the Tory party.

However, I am coming round to the idea of voting for them as a means to an ends.

I've been staying in London recently and it has become clear to me that immigration has gone out of all proportion and control to the point where it serves only the richest and is driving a wedge through society. The economic ponzi will require ever more population, leading to ever more squalor and rentierism. It must be stopped & that requires drastic action.

Putting aside the rest of my concerns, principles, ethics to vote on this single issue constitutes drastic action, and I think I may take it.