House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

How Hard Is It To Deliver A *&(^&%& Parcel!

In todays computerised world how hard is it to design a system that will work and allow you to deliver a fecking parcel?

Ordered an item online, get a message Tuesday telling me it was with the delivery company, I realised that there would be no one in the following day nor Thurs so used the option to reschedule for Friday when someone would be in.

Naturally they decided to deliver it Wed and then again Thurs. Rang Thurs assured it would be delivered Friday. Obviously this didn't happen as it had been "put on the wrong van" and it would now be Mon. Rang Sat to confirm it would be Mon, at this point I was told I have no idea where your parcel is!!!!!! But if I can find it then it will delivered Mon....

Contacted them Mon sorry it won't be delivered today but it will be Tues morning....

Tuesday morning came and went and no fecking parcel. Rang again at which point told I would be rang back in 2 hours about what is happening.... You may have already guessed 3 hours passed no phone call, so I've rang back again in a very terse mode asking what's happening. To which I got the best reply yet fingers crossed it will get delivered tomorrow!!!! Fingers crossed this is meant to be what your business does deliver fecking parcels and the best you can offer is FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

However this time I got put through to the escalation team who were going to ring back in 5 minutes. Naturally this was 20 minutes ago.

I'm unable to get to the depot and frankly I don't want to as it's a good 20 minute drive away and frankly as this is the delivery companies feck up I really can't see why I should.

This parcel I think will be due to be sent back to the sender either tomorrow or Thursday as it's not been delivered! It would appear that I shall be buying the tool I need from a local shop meaning I'll have to alter what I wanted.

Yours one happy clapping camper.

Seriously how hard can it be to design delivery software that rejects a failed delivery attempt when the customer has used the web to set the delivery date?

In all fairness, while it may still go awry on occasion, parcel delivery is a world ahead of the way it used to be when I were a lad. Then you were lucky if what you ordered came within the 28-day limit, and there were no options whatsoever for specifying the delivery time or date.

Worst one I've had was a box I shipped to an address in Italy.

Got a call three weeks later from a customer in Manchester puzzled that I had inexplicably sent them a box (their details happened to be on an item inside it).

I think they have found it ..

You are not kidding Mr Northerner ! bought a DAB radio once (mistake) but I found it in the back garden thrown over the fence!

Than you Mr Courier, and I shall preferably not use your services again!

I actually try to buy things from shops now - it saves me from buying things I don't need at a click. For me, I have come full circle.

I actually try to buy things from shops now - it saves me from buying things I don't need at a click. For me, I have come full circle.

Some shop prices are just as good as online these days. Argos and Tesco are often the same price or in the ballpark of Amazon.

well I sent a parcel to the UK with gifts for a friends birthday. Royal Mail tried to deliver it, no one in, dropped a note saying collect in 3 days or we send it back. Got sent back to me, cost 7x the HK postage costs for the sh itty Royal Mail 'service'.

It was August, so my friends were on holiday. 3 days or we send it back 8,000 miles? YOU FECKING MUPPETS.

That is the last time I send anything by post to the UK. Too much stuff gets nicked, or stuff ups like that happen. Sack all the posties and start again.

Guest eight

Which company was it?

I had something not particularly extravagant delivered by DPD the other day. I was able to track "Gary" live on a map, with a half hour delivery slot estimate and countdown to my turn.

I got something for the car from Poland a while back; I could track its progress right across Europe until RM got their hands on it at which point I just got "Out For Delivery" which IIRC meant anytime between about 6AM and 8PM.

That is the last time I send anything by post to the UK. Too much stuff gets nicked, or stuff ups like that happen. Sack all the posties and start again.

I think I have a bit of sympathy for the delivery guys.. they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Got a parcel today that they left on my door step. I was over the moon (didn't have to go and collect it from some difficult to reach depot). If I had to collect it I would have been bitching. If it had got nicked I would also have been whinging.

On the other hand RTS after 3 days I'd say you have a right to be annoyed about that.

I got something for the car from Poland a while back; I could track its progress right across Europe until RM got their hands on it at which point I just got "Out For Delivery" which IIRC meant anytime between about 6AM and 8PM.

I've had stuff shipped by some great delivery companies as well.. generally where I've paid a premium or bought more expensive goods.

Like everything YGWYPF.

Well they have delivered it by leaving outside the rear window, no card shoved through to say it's been delivered. It wasn't an uber high value item but certainly something I'm sure could have been flogged for £20 in a pub as it's new.

All parcel delivery companies are, without exception, total and utter f*cking excrement. The better ones can sometimes actually manage to deliver something so long as precisely nothing goes wrong at all. At the slightest sign of trouble, and by that I mean things like a few drops of rain on the day your parcel is due to go out on their parcel mangling device, sorry, delivery truck, you, the paying customer, are f*cked up the ar5e for all eternity with the giant knobbly dildo of corporate customer services despair.

They all operate the exact same model of hiring a million minimum wage drones, mostly straight out of the local high security prison, and then providing them with the worst of the worst crappy technology, giving them zero incentive beyond not getting sh1t canned with no notice at the end of their shift (and possibly not even that) and attempting to 'motivate' them with management practises that would make Vlad the f*cking Impaler wonder if he'd been a bit too easy going.

Quite frankly it's a miracle that these f*ckwads manage to deliver anything before it's been stolen by one of their gangster employees, lost in the labyrinthine maze of their delivery 'system', broken into small pieces just for the fun of it or, most likely, chucked over a random stranger's fence somewhere in a completely different part of the country from where it was supposed to be delivered in the first place.

Seriously, having been f*cked over by all of FedEx, UPS, TNT and the others so many times, if I ever again had something truly important to be delivered that couldn't go in electronic form, I'd consider walking and/or swimming to wherever it was to likely be less effort and hassle overall.

C*nts every single f*cking one of them, and their owners, and shareholders, and employees, and the families of the aforementioned to three generations in either f*cking direction!

Having shipped masses of parcels through most of the major carriers I would say DPD and UPS are probably the pinnacle - and generally the most expensive, I might add.

Yodel and assorted other previous logistics arms of the big mail order catalogue companies are at the bottom - and generally the cheapest. The ones that use 'Mrs Kids at school' in her estate car at the delivery end seem to be great when they're established on their round but if they use 'Mr On the sex offenders register can't get job elsewhere' in his rusty old BT paedo van very much less so.

Having said all that only a tiny number of customers do have problems with couriers the main cause of potential problems is not being available to easily take delivery all the time. If you have a commercial premises with a reception and established procedure for taking regular deliveries nothing will almost ever go wrong.

Might be worth making use of a Collect+ facility at a local shop, OP.

Only gripe I have about couriers near me are that some reason my instructions to leave it safe are routinely ignored, even for items where no signature is required. I guess that's maybe an indication of problems where people claim they didn't receive their goods which were left safe.

Well they have delivered it by leaving outside the rear window, no card shoved through to say it's been delivered. It wasn't an uber high value item but certainly something I'm sure could have been flogged for £20 in a pub as it's new.

Well if you are not going to tell us what it is, we may haver to start guessing ...

3784.jpg

Why can't courier companies ask whether you will be in, before attempting to deliver the item? They could SMS you!

Even if they are not "the Post Offfice delivery company, I would find it more convenient to collect from a local place like that. My post office is quite local, and I may be out! I am also happy to have the item left with neighbours. They won't be stealing it.