House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Foobar

Wow, This Is Impressive!

Check this out:

Go to House Prices , search on a location you're interested in and then click on the map option for a particular road. You even have satellite images! If this is what google are up to let's have more!

You can scroll around the satellite image with house prices/roads highlighted, what a quick way to gauge the market in certain areas!

Edited by Foobar

Check this out:

Go to House Prices , search on a location you're interested in and then click on the map option for a particular road. You even have satellite images! If this is what google are up to let's have more!

You can scroll around the satellite image with house prices/roads highlighted, what a quick way to gauge the market in certain areas!

I did something similar for my own use a while ago - http://www.wewantinformation.com/property_wwi.php

It links to houseprices.co.uk for comparative purposes.

I'm also working on the land reg figures to see what you can tell from properties that have been resold in recent years. So far it looks as though prices have gone up between 2004-5, which is not looking good for a bear like me.

Take a look at the google-earth program, i was quite impressed from the outset. google rocks

Google Base looks interesting as well, it can be used to sell stuff for free as well as many other

things

http://base.google.com/base/default

"Google Base is a place where you can add all types of information that we'll host and make searchable online. Based on the relevance of your items, they may also be included in the main Google search index and other Google products such as Froogle and Google Local. "

ebay aint gonna like that, but then lets face it ebay realy needs to get some competition

I Agree, but competition could take ages. At least Google are some of the folks big enough to take them on. I think ebay would have manufactured some competition before too long themselves if it did not appear, to ward off attention from the monopolies & mergers commision.

Google base was a hot topic on the EBay Power sellers forum a little while ago.