House Price Crash Forum
cuddlybear

James Ferguson (Writes For Moneyweek I Think)

(Mods please move if this is in the wrong place)

Google this guy to find his pieces on UK property (try 'James Ferguson property' or 'James Ferguson moneyweek') and I can only see to find articles pre-2008 warning of a crash

Whereas I thought he put out further bearish articles subsequently (but as we know so far govt stimulus is winning)

There is a statement at the bottom from Google saying that some results may have been removed to comply with European legislation, this is the 'right to be forgotten' thing I believe

Seems very disturbing to me that the previously published track record of someone still involved in the finance/investment world can partially vanish from the web?

Try searching 'Dominic frisby property' (for example) and there is no such warning

Edited by cuddlybear

Thanks for the NCR link which is interesting

No difference between first ten links on normal Google and NCR

Maybe there is someone else called James Ferguson who has asked for something to be removed

Either way this EU thing leaves me wondering whether I'm seeing the full picture and what I might be missing! Not ideal

If I was Mr Ferguson and I hadnt tried to hide anything then I wouldn't be happy about this disclaimer appearing when someone googled me

Oh well I suppose we'll never know

Seems very disturbing to me that the previously published track record of someone still involved in the finance/investment world can partially vanish from the web?

Try searching 'Dominic frisby property' (for example) and there is no such warning

I searched James 'Ferguson property' using normal google and got about 1,340,00 results returned.

Using the ncr switch, I got about 8,310,000 results returned. That's a lot of vanishing. ^_^

"Peak internet"

Post peak internet will be news, from sources that are 100% PR releases, and all forum posts will be 99% from robots to drown out the real people. 99% of the web pages will be "official" and "vetted" websites only.

(Mods please move if this is in the wrong place)

Google this guy to find his pieces on UK property (try 'James Ferguson property' or 'James Ferguson moneyweek') and I can only see to find articles pre-2008 warning of a crash

Whereas I thought he put out further bearish articles subsequently (but as we know so far govt stimulus is winning)

There is a statement at the bottom from Google saying that some results may have been removed to comply with European legislation, this is the 'right to be forgotten' thing I believe

Interesting.

On the subject of elusive Fergusons and their cr@p forecasts, I wonder if Niall Ferguson will try to remove his hysterical predictions of imminent hyperinflation from five, six, and seven years ago?