House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

On Course For The Warmest Year Ever In The Uk

With the exception of August consistently beating the monthly average and by a huge margin and September appears is continuing the pattern. August was cold, but actually closer to the seasonal norm than nearly all the other months because they were so warm.

Difference from 1981-2013 average.........

January 2014...+1.1 c

February..........+1.5

March..............+1.2

April................+1.8

May.................+0.9

June................+1.2

July.................+1.2

August.............-1.0

Sept................+2.0 (to mid-point)

John Redwood must be pleased...global warming bring it on.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/2014-is-warmest-year-since-records-began--and-third-wettest-9684143.html

It has been a lovely summer and I have done in this one summer more swimming, surfing, kayaking, cycling, and walking than I would do in two average summers put together. Long may it continue.

I've spent 9 rain-free days in Scotland. This is a record for me, as my visits usually coincide with horizontal rain for the duration of my stay. My ambition is to be able to return home on Saturday having completed a rain-free fortnight...a minor miracle here. :o

I've spent 9 rain-free days in Scotland. This is a record for me, as my visits usually coincide with horizontal rain for the duration of my stay. My ambition is to be able to return home on Saturday having completed a rain-free fortnight...a minor miracle here. :o

Box seat for September holidays.......the crap weather coincided with the school holidays.

Sigh.

The alarmists and the skeptics are as bad as each other. A new record (which regionally happen all the time) of cold and the skeptics all shout and scream vindication. The opposite the alarmists do the same.

Be happy. Its a bumper food crop this year. apparently.

You see John Redwood was right about an improvement in UK product come global warming.

I'm not exporting it though.

And the people who buy cheap imported (non eu!) honey won't pay the price for the good stuff.

Guest eight

Sigh.

The alarmists and the skeptics are as bad as each other. A new record (which regionally happen all the time) of cold and the skeptics all shout and scream vindication. The opposite the alarmists do the same.

Be happy. Its a bumper food crop this year. apparently.

It reminds me a bit of cricket. So what if this is the highest fourth wicket partnership by two Pakistanis in a fifty overs overs game at Trent Bridge? Hang around long enough and it's bound to happen eventually!

I also don't think it's been all that warm, really. I have my suspicions that the temperature scales were actually adjusted sometime around the turn of the century.

It reminds me a bit of cricket. So what if this is the highest fourth wicket partnership by two Pakistanis in a fifty overs overs game at Trent Bridge? Hang around long enough and it's bound to happen eventually!

I also don't think it's been all that warm, really. I have my suspicions that the temperature scales were actually adjusted sometime around the turn of the century.

Locally the winter was reasonably warm, but nothing hot about this summer at all in relation to last year, nothing like.

This turned out to be a great summer, although yeah August was a bit dismal. Lovely outside at the moment as as my work van is having work done I'm off and been walking about to do errands as I have time. Very pleasant.

I'm off to eat a burrito in the park. Can't ask for more really can ya?

You can certainly ask!...

I agree. Last summer seemed much hotter to me. I was baking in my office. I've already got the heating on this year.

What a nice Summer! I'm not complaining!

I agree. Last summer seemed much hotter to me. I was baking in my office. I've already got the heating on this year.

Yep, flicked the heating on this morning...was bloody cold ere in SE London. I thought this place was supposed to be paradise...I'll go back to Brum if things don't improve soon!

The last 48 hours have seen incredible electrical storms in Swansea. Haven't heard thunder like we have been having for 40 or so years.

Torrential rainfall - localised flooding - and tremendous winds also. But no mention of it on the UK weather forecasts from the BBC. Rubbish London-centric bias.