House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Labour Opens New Front In Class War: Public Sector Staff To Be Asked What Parents Do For A Living To Cut Number Of Middle Class And Privately Educated

Private education and the old boy network that ensures that thick people from wealthy parents get positions that clever people from poorer parents should get is one of the main factors that holds back the UK.

Private education and the old boy network that ensures that thick people from wealthy parents get positions that clever people from poorer parents should get is one of the main factors that holds back the UK.

Same in the place where you live now Camper, in fact, probably much worse.

Funny how half the time labour are saying we need to import most the 3rd world here because the public sector would cease to operate without them due to worker shortages, and half the rest of the time apparently there is such a vast pool of potential workers we can eliminate half of them on the basis of which school their parents forced them to attend.

Nasty little people.

Edited by Executive Sadman

Doubt it. Most jobs require all the intelligence of a monkey.

For sure some rich people use their familial contacts. Doubt its holding the UK back much though. Very few jobs require actual intelligence nowadays. You think all those bankers actually need to be smart. They have a monopoly over money creation for a reason.

All I want to see changed is the deserving rich separated from the underserving rich. If you work in finance, you're gone. If you are a rent seeker, you're gone.

Besides, most intelligence is environment, not genes. If poor people are to have their potential realized, it needs to start a lot sooner that at a post compulsory education point in time. This is the same crap that leads people to blame police for arresting more blacks, when the real blame is with the teachers who failed them and social services.

Doubt it. Most jobs require all the intelligence of a monkey.

For sure some rich people use their familial contacts. Doubt its holding the UK back much though. Very few jobs require actual intelligence nowadays. You think all those bankers actually need to be smart. They have a monopoly over money creation for a reason.

All I want to see changed is the deserving rich separated from the underserving rich. If you work in finance, you're gone. If you are a rent seeker, you're gone.

Besides, most intelligence is environment, not genes. If poor people are to have their potential realized, it needs to start a lot sooner that at a post compulsory education point in time. This is the same crap that leads people to blame police for arresting more blacks, when the real blame is with the teachers who failed them and social services.

Wrong. Plenty of evidence that intelligence is more than 50% genetic. If I had my way, all blokes would be tied at 15 and only untied if they pass an IQ test.

Wrong. Plenty of evidence that intelligence is more than 50% genetic. If I had my way, all blokes would be tied at 15 and only untied if they pass an IQ test.

What about the women?

Agreed. Although this idea may get more attention due to her curves than any other reason. :)

What about the women?

Agreed. Although this idea may get more attention due to her curves than any other reason. :)

Naw, happy to let the women breed as is. My offspring are all very smart, so the boys will have more to shag.

*runs for cover*

Naw, happy to let the women breed as is. My offspring are all very smart, so the boys will have more to shag.

*runs for cover*

:P lost cause Wherebee. No cover needed... of course, you, being a man would outwit me at every stage anyway.

Actually I. think there is a lot of public sector prejudice AGAINST anyone perceived as at all posh . I know of two cases in teaching, for a start. Girl with very good predicted A levels but something of a cut glass accent had a devil of a job getting a university place to train as a primary teacher. The only possible reason was that interviewers took against her accent - mind you she was also very pretty and this might have prejudiced any sour old bags even further. Factor 3, she had gone to an independent school. She did finally get a place and is now a successful teacher and very popular with the children.

2nd case, girl who went to local grammar and Oxford also had a very hard time at interviews for a PGCE course, more than once. She was too 'privileged' , they said, to understand 'ordinary' kids. The girl was livid at their assumptions and pointed out sharply that her parents were NOT well off, and did not live in a big flash house, as they had evidently chosen to believe, simply because she had gone to Oxford and did not talk 'estuary', though her accent was not cut glass like the other girl's.

Edited by Mrs Bear

Actually I. think there is a lot of public sector prejudice AGAINST anyone perceived as at all posh . I know of two cases in teaching, for a start. Girl with very good predicted A levels but something of a cut glass accent had a devil of a job getting a university place to train as a primary teacher. The only possible reason was that interviewers took against her accent - mind you she was also very pretty and this might have prejudiced any sour old bags even further. Factor 3, she had gone to an independent school. She did finally get a place and is now a successful teacher and very popular with the children.

2nd case, girl who went to local grammar and Oxford also had a very hard time at interviews for a PGCE course, more than once. She was too 'privileged' , they said, to understand 'ordinary' kids. The girl was livid at their assumptions and pointed out sharply that her parents were NOT well off, and did not live in a big flash house, as they had evidently chosen to believe, simply because she had gone to Oxford and did not talk 'estuary', though her accent was not cut glass like the other girl's.

And we wonder why the country is f***ed.

The Daily Mail should ask this question of its employees. In fact if it applied to all media organisations, it could have stopped Cameron getting a leg up in his career then maybe we'd have ended up with a different Prime Minister?

The Daily Mail should ask this question of its employees. In fact if it applied to all media organisations, it could have stopped Cameron getting a leg up in his career then maybe we'd have ended up with a different Prime Minister?

until the public manage to tell the difference between someone who is lying and one who is not, does it actually matter?

I think this is more a reflection of the teaching profession (esp. teacher training) being a hotbed of sour leftism than the public sector in general.

"It's been demonstrated many a time that tall people are more successful in the jobs market. But many of these people are only tall because their parents are. When reelected the Labour Party will cut off the legs of people with tall parents to equalise things"

"It's been demonstrated many a time that tall people are more successful in the jobs market. But many of these people are only tall because their parents are. When reelected the Labour Party will cut off the legs of people with tall parents to equalise things"

Bit of an extreme way to go for more medals T the Paralympics.

Edited by thecrashingisles

I think this is more a reflection of the teaching profession (esp. teacher training) being a hotbed of sour leftism than the public sector in general.

Twas ever thus. Downton Abbey has a new character, a chippy northern schoolmistress from the local primary, causing trouble up at 'big house'!