• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Thatcher is now an historical character, and there have been all kinds of alternative histories regarding other now dead figures. Fair game I suppose. The only thing perhaps a bit distasteful is that maybe more time should have been left so that those who loved her, like yourself - Si1 - and her family, have had sufficient time to grieve.

Thatcher was such a divisive figure that I'll be surprised if much worse than a fictional account of her assassination doesn't appear in the years to come.

HOLA447

The day after the Brighton bombing in 1984, I went down my local pub and there was not one dissenter from the view that 'it was a shame they didn't get the bitch.'

There are similar emotions about Gordon brown, but it's still pathetic to formalise it in a newspaper

HOLA448

Thatcher is now an historical character, and there have been all kinds of alternative histories regarding other now dead figures. Fair game I suppose. The only thing perhaps a bit distasteful is that maybe more time should have been left so that those who loved her, like yourself - Si1 - and her family, have had sufficient time to grieve.

Thatcher was such a divisive figure that I'll be surprised if much worse than a fictional account of her assassination doesn't appear in the years to come.

Not about legitimately democratically elected leaders, surely

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I have met loads of people who think Broon is/was useless, but nobody who wanted to see him killed. Thatcher was unique in that respect.

Thats because Brown promised everlasting growth.

Thatcher promised ever lasting work.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

It's funny this rubbish about left wingers being vindictive - the nastiest posts on this forum are from right wingers who get erections from seeing poor people die from diabetes when their benefits are stopped.

Linky?

HOLA4416

She was successful and a lot of previous lifelong Labour voters liked what she was doing and changed allegiances, under her the Tory party ceased to be the toff party and became the party of the working man and woman.

This left Labour with the benefits vote so fundamentally changed them as well.

And nobody likes being forced to change.

HOLA4417

She was successful and a lot of previous lifelong Labour voters liked what she was doing and changed allegiances, under her the Tory party ceased to be the toff party and became the party of the working man and woman.

This left Labour with the benefits vote so fundamentally changed them as well.

And nobody likes being forced to change.

I think being in a position where all the parties are basically the same is not change for the better - unless you are a committed Soviet.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I have met loads of people who think Broon is/was useless, but nobody who wanted to see him killed. Thatcher was unique in that respect.

That's because the guy couldn't inspire any kind of high emotion in anyone.

HOLA4423

That's because the guy couldn't inspire any kind of high emotion in anyone.

That is so true - back in 2009 there was an internet cartoon video featruring Hugo Chavez, Obama - all glitzy and fun and jazz - and then Gordon Brown (sigh! yaw!)

I can't find it now but it was so funny, and the link was sent to me by someone who lives in Portugal, thus demonstrating how his inability to inspire any emotion was globally known.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived