House Price Crash Forum

Nothing

JustYield

HOLA441

With my armchair physicists hat on, vacuum must be something.. we just don't know what it is yet.

A bit like our ancestors probably though air was nothing.

If light can travel in a vacuum.. surely it has to be some kind of medium even if it isn't immediately obvious/quantifiable?

Not in fashion at the mo'

wiki: Luminiferous aether

In the late 19th century, luminiferous aether, æther or ether, meaning light-bearing aether, was the postulated medium for the propagation of light.[1]
Following the negative outcome of aether-drift experiments like the Michelson–Morley experiment, the concept of aether as a mechanical medium having a state of motion lost adherents. It has been replaced in modern physics by the theory of relativity and quantum theory.

wiki: Michelson–Morley experiment

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Bring back the Ether.

The Michaelson-Morley experiment suggested that electromagnetic waves do not require ether, unlike sound waves require matter! I am still a great fan of "the Phlogiston theory" though!

I always like old science fiction films where spaceships blow up with a big load bang, and they are still using green CRTs in the 25th century! Luddites!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

See how 'north' and 'nothing' are so similar. It's mind games see. NLP. Like the perspective on the BBC weather map it is designed to crush the inhabitants of Scotland and the north mentally into submission.

North - nowt

South - summat

This warrants further investigation.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

A multi dimensional space that lacks any energy.

No colour, no light, no matter, no kinetic energy etc.

I seem to recall that there was an episode of 'The Tomorrow People' where the characters found themselves trapped in such a place and if they could not escape they too would turn to nothingness.

Although not nothingness, there was an episode of Star Trek Voyager where they found themselves travelling through such an expanse of emptiness that there was only blackness - no a single light from a single star or galaxy could be seen because the emptyexpanse was so big.

HOLA4410

I seem to recall that there was an episode of 'The Tomorrow People' where the characters found themselves trapped in such a place and if they could not escape they too would turn to nothingness.

Although not nothingness, there was an episode of Star Trek Voyager where they found themselves travelling through such an expanse of emptiness that there was only blackness - no a single light from a single star or galaxy could be seen because the emptyexpanse was so big.

The episode of Dr Who back in the 1960's set in the London Underground opened with the Tardis being stuck in nothingness, and the doors opening to... nothing. I was about 8 at the time and the idea thrilled me.

A few years ago I met the actress who was Dr Who's assistant in that episode and discussed it with her. She listened attentively, in the hope I would buy a copy of her autobiography (I didn't).

HOLA4411

The episode of Dr Who back in the 1960's set in the London Underground opened with the Tardis being stuck in nothingness, and the doors opening to... nothing. I was about 8 at the time and the idea thrilled me.

A few years ago I met the actress who was Dr Who's assistant in that episode and discussed it with her. She listened attentively, in the hope I would buy a copy of her autobiography (I didn't).

Where's Doctor Pin's assistant?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I've given up murdering! I now follow PaulOkes, and now I am a Bishop!

Peter Levenda has written a trilogy of books entitled Sinister Forces: a Grimoire of American Political History. It's a fascinating look into the dark underworld of US politcial life. One of the features of events surrounding the JFK assasination and other 1960s happenings were the "bishops."

Jack Martin remained a bishop with the American Orthodox Catholic Church to the end of his days, even going so far as to bring in another Banister associate, the corpulent attorney and unapologetic racist Thomas Jude Baumler, to the Orthodox fold, consecrating Baumler a bishop in August of 1974, nearly eleven years after the Kennedy assassination and seven years after the beginning of the Garrison investigation and the deaths of both Stanley and Ferrie. From personal correspondence with an individual involved with this affair, I learned that Baumler had already been ordained a priest by Stanley years before; in other words, prior to Stanley’s death in March, 1967. Baumler’s status in New Orleans society was assured; he came from an old family and was associated with one of the famous Mardi Gras “crewes”.

In addition, according to my informant, Baumler was also a Mason and belonged to the same lodge – the Etoile Polair Lodge of the French Grand Orient – as Mafia don Carlos Marcello, the man for whom David Ferrie was working on the day of the assassination. My informant goes on to insist that Martin could be relied upon to furnish FBI files on

“future applicants for Holy Orders”, a strange capability for a hopeless drunk. It is widely rumored that Martin had a source at FBI headquarters in New Orleans who provided him these files, but he also made it known that he was an investigator for the District Attorney’s office – something of which the DA was presumably not aware. Yet he had an income of some kind, for he was known to travel extensively throughout the United States for years on one errand or another involving the bishops, a true “wanderer”.

http://sinisterforces.info/blog/index.php?/archives/47-Return-of-the-Bishops.html

HOLA4416

How many choirboys do you turn over in an average week?

I am trying to bring goodness to the World, which probably needs some!

I am an angel directed by the Messiah "PaulOkes!

HOLA4417

Wasn't that Zoe in The Mind Robber?

I thought she was well worthy of consideration as a, er, um, travelling companion.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

There is no 'good' in the world Mr P...just nothingness!

You are the seed! Take root in good ground! By your fruits shall they know you!

P

With this wisdom I shall build a new religion, not as daft as the other ones, and one not stuffed with paedos, and rapists1

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived