House Price Crash Forum

I Predict A Yes Vote 53:47

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....and the developing change became most notably evident at the 2005 Labour conference during which an elderly Labour supporter did a bit of heckling (he shouted "nonsense" during Jack Straw's speech on Iraq) and was immediately and forcibly ejected by burly security guards and was apparently detained under the Terrorism Act.

Nowadays of course there's CCTV and security guards everywhere you look and often more guards than customers. It wasn't like that before NuLabour. The current lot haven't changed it of course.

...no freedom of speech under Labour ...and voters should vote with their feet and walk away from these bullies ....it's the communist influence from the Unions ..always there .... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

...no freedom of speech under Labour ...and voters should vote with their feet and walk away from these bullies ....it's the communist influence from the Unions ..always there .... :rolleyes:

British people love 'security'...last dozen election platforms seem to have included more 'bobbies on the beat.'

Hasn't taken long for UKIP to be co-opted from a somewhat libertarian party to yet another fascist party promising more laws and regulations like the other 3.

As someone who feels that a No would be preferable for the UK I can't help thinking it is all just a great miscalculation by those at Westminster. I don't really think Cameron really understood the question when he made the promise of a ballot.

Similarly with the Europe promise yet to come!

Usually "follow the money" reveals the motivation but I can't figure this one at all- anyone explain?

I don't think those figures come from any kind of exit poll, just analysis based on predicted turnout. Yougov are conducting an exit poll which will be published when polls close.

Quite possibly rigged if they just want to drop a 'result' on everyone and no questions asked.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/18/scottish-vote-no-exit-poll-democratic-deficit?CMP=twt_gu

I have been out all day folks - did I miss anything?

Nope.

Ironically polling day is pretty much your only guaranteed jock free day of the campaign. Apart from a small kerfuffle involving a Yes campaigner at a polling station it has been pretty quiet. Bookies and the financial markets are assuming it is a nails on No. Normal political hysteria, mudslinging, recriminations will resume tomorrow.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

I thought there weren't going to be any exit polls? That's what I keep reading anyway.

Exit polls work by having someone at the 'key' marginal seats asking people what they did as they come out.

Doesn't work in a referendum as its a pure numbers game and they aren't going to have someone at every polling station

I thought there weren't going to be any exit polls? That's what I keep reading anyway.

Exit polls work by having someone at the 'key' marginal seats asking people what they did as they come out.

Doesn't work in a referendum as its a pure numbers game and they aren't going to have someone at every polling station

Yes it looks like the Yougov poll I referred to is just a standard poll using their usual methodology.

A true exit poll could have been done but unbelievably none of the media organisations commissioned one.

How many 16 years olds work as a proportion of total number?......and giving them a vote would be irresponsible.....without causing offence, their brains are not fully aware of the world they live in.....a vast majority are hedonistic without care for the future.....

As opposed to anyone over 18? There are plenty of people over 18 who are not fully aware of the world they live in. Plenty much older too.

...certainly that is why a YES is necessary ....it will restore democracy at Westminster and solve The West Lothian Question in one which is good for everyone ...north and south of Hadrians ....all the lefties gone an Milliband stranded...... :rolleyes:

As you rightly moot, a "Yes" will turn England and Wales into a Tory dictatorship, with Labour having little chance of ever getting a sniff of power again.

As much as I despise Miliband, I fear that Cameron and his Eton-educated poofter mates would have free reign to feather their own nests and look after the South East (a micro-economy) much to the detriment of everywhere else, which would spin rapidly down the swanny.

As you rightly moot, a "Yes" will turn England and Wales into a Tory dictatorship, with Labour having little chance of ever getting a sniff of power again.

As much as I despise Miliband, I fear that Cameron and his Eton-educated poofter mates would have free reign to feather their own nests and look after the South East (a micro-economy) much to the detriment of everywhere else, which would spin rapidly down the swanny.

....well without the 41 Scots Labour MPs , Milliband is still projected to win the next election ....but the real fly in the ointment is UKIP....like the SNP feelings are running high ...and whatever your persuasion they cannot be underestimated and will take seats from the Tories, definitely, but also from Labour and what's left of the Liberals....that should help you to relax a bit... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

....well without the 41 Scots Labour MPs , Milliband is still projected to win the next election ....but the real fly in the ointment is UKIP....like the SNP feelings are running high ...and whatever your persuasion they cannot be underestimated and will take seats from the Tories, definitely, but also from Labour and what's left of the Liberals....that should help you to relax a bit... :rolleyes:

Good. I hope UKIP throw a few spanners in the works next May.

Meanwhile... here's Sean Connery's take on proceedings (NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQy_bfjy9l4

Wrong. Labour would have won the UK general elections in 1997, 2001 and 2005 without Scotland.

Without Scotland, Labour would still have won in 1997 (with a majority of 139, down from 179), in 2001 (129, down from 167) and in 2005 (43, down from 66).

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2012/01/scotland-labour-majority-win

Edited by Dorkins