House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lifes a game

Estate Agent Stealing Chocolate [Video]------Merged

I know he is an estate agent - and even one wearing a purple suit - and I know its theft whichever way you look at it.

However its not a huge deal and I feel a bit sorry for him losing his job over it. I would maybe pick up a plum or something from a bowl in a similar situation.

This bar of chocolate would suit both the serious cocoa-product investor, and the first-time buyer of sugar candies...

XYY

While I think the purple suit is more of a crime,

I am just as concerned that the LL put 'covert' security cameras in a flat that was going to be rented. What was the LL planning to watch ?

While I think the purple suit is more of a crime,

I am just as concerned that the LL put 'covert' security cameras in a flat that was going to be rented. What was the LL planning to watch ?

YThe bbc described him as outgoing tenant, not the landlord.

How about a mango.?

Probably not. That would take a utensil and probably a plate as well. Would feel a bit wrong.

Most comments on the ES website go along the lines of: "the tenant overreacted - now a man has lost his job over a dismal bar of chocolate!".

The principle of a stranger walking into your home and helping themselves to stuff lying around doesn't seem to phase most ES readers. I can't say that I'm surprised.

I know he is an estate agent - and even one wearing a purple suit - and I know its theft whichever way you look at it.

However its not a huge deal and I feel a bit sorry for him losing his job over it. I would maybe pick up a plum or something from a bowl in a similar situation.

Nah, if my experience is anything to go by, the letting agents were petty f***ers for 10 years, and he was sick of their s**t. I agree that taking a chocolate bar is not a major crime, but letting agents are generally c**ts.

Don't forget these parasites like to spy on, and enter your home uninvited throughout your tenancy, it's not just some poor starving bloke who took some chocolate for his diabetes.

Tenants hate letting agents and this is a response to that.

Theft is theft and in this case it could have been life threatening.

ccc, why are you defending the scum? Fine, it's not a major crime but anyone who helps themselves to someone else's stuff like that is a piece of **** who deserves no sympathy at all. The very fact that he did it demonstrates a big attitude problem with the guy. It wouldn't even occur to a decent person.

Not defending him - just saying its a wee thing that's not right - but no huge deal - I am pretty sure everyone on this thread has done such things many times during their lives too......

Theft is theft and in this case it could have been life threatening.

The casual way in which he helps himself to the chocolate also suggests to me that it's not the first time that he does it.

Not defending him - just saying its a wee thing that's not right - but no huge deal - I am pretty sure everyone on this thread has done such things many times during their lives too......

You're wrong there. It would never occur to me to do such a thing under normal circumstances (i.e. not starving or penniless). And I certainly wouldn't want a business relationship with anyone who did steal so casually.

Blimey - if that was my missus and she caught him half-inching some choc he'd not be alive to have a job to be fired from!

Blimey - if that was my missus and she caught him half-inching some choc he'd not be alive to have a job to be fired from!

:lol: Yes, my missus was like that with chocolate too.

No, I really doubt that they have (at least since they were children) and I'd look down on anyone who did with a great deal of contempt, particularly if they swipe it in such a way that suggests they don't really think anything of it and that it's perfectly normal. Such people are a blight on society. Even if they're only caught pinching something minor and unimportant it's a clear sign of a someone with a fvcked-up personality. Snowflux has hit the nail on the head, it's the completely casual manner of it.