House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Now Morphed Into Isil?

WTF is going on with all the name changes.

First it was ISIS.

This then got shortened to IS

Now it appears our dear leaders have changed the name again to ISIL or ISEL? I heard Obama going on about ISIL the other day, haven't the PR spin doctors got a grip yet? Why the feck all the different names? And how long before we have another different branding for this organisation?

A bit like Marathon bars.

consignia surely??

no,the reasoning behind the name change fron ISIS is quite easy.

the conspiracy theorists took note of the fact about ISIS/HORUS/SET and found out who was really the power behind the movement.

it's still not a joke though,they do mean business( the black flag army is apocalyptic stuff in the Koran), however the Saudi's will not be part of it.

this saudi threats is just upstartery, they are on the receiving end of a bit of a hiding this time which will make them think twice.

build those bunkers nice and deep boys, you'll need them...shouldn't have made the threats you did.

WTF is going on with all the name changes.

First it was ISIS.

This then got shortened to IS

Now it appears our dear leaders have changed the name again to ISIL or ISEL?

It's starting to sound more and more like ISraEL who are the real backers (together with their good friends the Saudis and the US) of IS anyway...

oracle and the eagle: how do you operate in the real world? Do you fit in? What sort of work do you do ? Do you have families? Is there anyone in the real world who you regularly interact with that tell you that you are delusional? Your paranoia intrigues me.

oracle and the eagle: how do you operate in the real world? Do you fit in? What sort of work do you do ? Do you have families? Is there anyone in the real world who you regularly interact with that tell you that you are delusional? Your paranoia intrigues me.

wakey wakey...Obama in a very recent speech named the same organisation twice with two different terms.

It is clearly to confuse and magnify the threat. Listening to Politicians, it sounds like there are 5 different armies we are up against, excluding the Muslim Bortherhood, which has taken over Libya and is being fought by Egypt.

Then we have the self same president talking about helping the good rebels....in Syria....to fight A, the bad rebels,and B, Syria.

Then these bad rebels arent muslims at all!!!...ALL IN THE SAME SPEECH!

Anyone listening casually would think the US is really up against it....massive threats from many enemies.

wakey wakey...Obama in a very recent speech named the same organisation twice with two different terms.

It is clearly to confuse and magnify the threat. Listening to Politicians, it sounds like there are 5 different armies we are up against, excluding the Muslim Bortherhood, which has taken over Libya and is being fought by Egypt.

Then we have the self same president talking about helping the good rebels....in Syria....to fight A, the bad rebels,and B, Syria.

Then these bad rebels arent muslims at all!!!...ALL IN THE SAME SPEECH!

Anyone listening casually would think the US is really up against it....massive threats from many enemies.

I think this is the mistake we're all making.

Only thing they might be useful for is target practice, or perhaps dog food.

+1

ISIS (IS or whatever) are a very real threat, but I certainly don't think they're funded/backed by Israel!

+1

ISIS (IS or whatever) are a very real threat, but I certainly don't think they're funded/backed by Israel!

they are funded by us and NATO.

Politicians are struggling to find a solution...they miss the obvious, SOME BANKER IS FUNDING THEM.

Find these bankers and take away their licence, remove business from their banks, shut them down.

I'd like to ask Cameron, in his infinite wisdom, is Saudi an Islamic theocracy. The Saudis seem to think they are, and Cameron seems to like Saudis, despite the homophobia, intolerance for non-Saudis etc.

So what gives, why are ISIS 'not islamic'

They seem to have much the same ideas as 'islamic' Saudi.

The Nazis got it all wrong. If only Hitler added some kind of supernatural dimension to Nazism, it wouldn't be just an 'ideology of hate', it would have been a 'religion' and as such immune from critique.

It's a risky strategy. When G-Mex changed its name to Manchester Central they lost a whole load of brand recognition that took them years to build up.

It's a risky strategy. When G-Mex changed its name to Manchester Central they lost a whole load of brand recognition that took them years to build up.

I still hear it referred to as G-Mex, and do so myself despite being (mentally in many ways) an old fuddy-duddy who should go with Manchester Central because that's what it is, whatever use it's been put to.

Because

a) they are busy enough already attempting to secure there own borders against stiff opposition without trying to attack one of the worlds best equipped armies which is currently leaving them alone ?

or

B) some mad conspiracy theory.

As regards name changes, I think this has some significance. Are ISIS a group or a state ? And if so calling them a state rather than a group must have some significance as by calling them a state aren't you implying that the state actually exists (ie recognition) rather than just an opposition group that exists within an existing state ?