House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Shops Starting With Selling Christmas Items Already

Look on the bright side, with all the state backed ponzi fodder immigration being allowed along side political correctness state control, in about 30 years there will be no Christmas in the UK.

Enjoy it while you can.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Walked into the local card shop earlier this week and I was shocked to see Christmas cards already stocked in the shop! We are only in September!!

Anyone else seen any shops selling Christmas items already?

Yep, tesco here have about half an isle, and others are obviously clearing the space.

Fairly standard from what I remember?

It's our own fault, some morons must be buying this shit in September so the supermarkets are presumably fulfilling demand?

I will buy my Christmas stuff on the 27th December as usual.

my sister says dunelm has stuff in warehosue ready and my friend who works for range says only month before they start putting all there stuff out (usually)

I seen xmas puddings on sale last weekend, cant recall which supermarket it was.

Was looking for some bag in box wines for a festival at the weekend and noticed Tesco has a pre-xmas drinks sale on.

Obvious ploy to get consumers consuming stuff they don;t need that they will the buy again in December.

September has been the traditional starting point for selling Christmas items in a lot of shops for many years. Harrod's, I believe, opens its Christmas department in August. Most seem to wait until Halloween and Guy Fawkes' night are out of the way though.

It's too late for this year. Recently saw such crap in b***** Sainsb*****s.

How about for the future trying to organise a boycott. Whatever shop is the *first* in any category of chain (e.g. supermarkets, clothes shops, DIY stores) to introduce xmas crap gets boycotted for the rest of the year. Form an actual consumer group, and run it with spokespeople and press releases, and some checks-and-balances to ensure that sightings are verified.

Once we reach the happy situation where no xmas crap is seen before the start of December, we can declare the campaign a success and no longer have to boycott anyone.

I always forget how chilly it usually gets in early september. Hope we get a couple of warmer weeks at the end of the month.

(sorry, probably belongs in "really interesting" thread.)

Yes, my local Tesco had a small selection a few weeks ago.

Tesco down here was actually proud of starting early, they had a load of "early bird" signs up in the xmas isle.