House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Beaten Up For Being On Benefits? Bcksllo.

A YouGov survey shows:

• Up to 212,000 have been physically attacked because they’re on benefits
  • 6% say their children have been bullied at school because the family gets state aid
  • 16% of claimants have been turned down for a home, and
  • 11% have even been shunned by
    their own families

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/212000-people-beaten-up-being-4186370

Beaten up because they're on benefits? I don't believe it.

I do sadly.

People are already angry about the financial crisis and the bankster bailout.

They've been given a nice local target and someone to blame.

Classic divide and conquer. Well played Eton. Well played.

I do sadly.

People are already angry about the financial crisis and the bankster bailout.

They've been given a nice local target and someone to blame.

Classic divide and conquer. Well played Eton. Well played.

Obviously you need reminding that it was Gordon Brown who bailed out the banks. So that's Well played Kirkcaldy High School.

Edited by SpewLabour

Obviously you need reminding that it was Gordon Brown who bailed out the banks. So that's Well played Kirkcaldy High School.

You're right.

The Tories have done absolutely nothing to bail, spin, or prop.

And they were all so vocally opposed to the bail out they stopped it immediately upon getting in. And didn't let the banks off paying more back than Labour had originally intended or anything.

212,000 of about 30 million on benefits...perhaps...if they're provocative arseholes who act like white dee

6% of children bullied...perhaps, children that don't ever get bullied for anything probably don't exist.

16% of claimants turned down for a home...yep...plenty of no HB ads.

11% shunned by own families. Sure. I know my parents wouldn't talk to me if I claimed anything off the state. I think my dad would rather starve than do something as pathetic as grovel to the state.

However I noticed some long-term unemployed on the school run this morning. They are perfectly capable of work and just don't want to. There are jobs out there, first rung stuff but that's how you start in most trades, but they prefer to spend my taxes and lounge all day.

They will teach their children to have the same zero work ethos and produce generations of dole scroungers as we've seen over the last few decades.

IMHO work for dole should be very robust as this will force the lazy ba$tards to find a job that's better paid/easier than the government dole yielding option.

A YouGov survey shows:

• 6% say their children have been bullied at school because the family gets state aid

their own families

People are angry towards benefits claimants. This is perfectly understandable. If some of us are given free stuff, the rest of us have to work harder to provide not only for ourselves, but for them too.

Edited by NewBrit

You're right.

The Tories have done absolutely nothing to bail, spin, or prop.

And they were all so vocally opposed to the bail out they stopped it immediately upon getting in. And didn't let the banks off paying more back than Labour had originally intended or anything.

Once Labour had put the taxpayer on the hook for tens of billions of pounds, it was a bit late, really.

Remember the banks that failed under the Tories? Barings & BCCI? They didn't get a bail out.

Once Labour had put the taxpayer on the hook for tens of billions of pounds, it was a bit late, really.

Remember the banks that failed under the Tories? Barings & BCCI? They didn't get a bail out.

I was a Tory voter then so yes I remembe.

This lot aren't the same. Best evidenced by the lack of opposition to the bailout this time round (in fact they supported it and continue to do so).

Should be forced to call themselves "New Conservatives".

A sorry shower of elitist opportunistic numpties at a time when the country needed someone decent to step forward.

People are angry towards benefits claimants. This is perfectly understandable. If some of us are given free stuff, the rest of us have to work harder to provide not only for ourselves, but for them too.

My better half manages holiday homes round our way (the ones artificially inflating the price of everything else actually).

All owned by bank staff/financial workers given a lot of free stuff of late.

They're off the hook. I should probably just suck it up and knuckle down to scowling at people in tracksuits like I've been trained to.

A sorry shower of elitist opportunistic numpties at a time when the country needed someone decent to step forward.

Well I can't argue with that.

I'm just concerned that people seem to have forgotten that is was Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Labour who have truly ****ed this country.

212,000 of about 30 million on benefits...perhaps...if they're provocative arseholes who act like white dee

6% of children bullied...perhaps, children that don't ever get bullied for anything probably don't exist.

16% of claimants turned down for a home...yep...plenty of no HB ads.

11% shunned by own families. Sure. I know my parents wouldn't talk to me if I claimed anything off the state. I think my dad would rather starve than do something as pathetic as grovel to the state.

Dear ES

What is groveling to the state. The state is not a person?

Well I can't argue with that.

I'm just concerned that people seem to have forgotten that is was Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Labour who have truly ****ed this country.

They haven't.

It doesn't stop them noticing how hard it's currently being screwed by Dave, Gidiot and co mind.

Its a tricky one to call, you either get beaten up because you were asking for it as some life long benefit people aren't the most charming or bullied because you're an easy target living in a rough area.

There are people who live on benefits as a lifestyle choice in my immediate family that I won't have nothing to do with. I don't feel bad about it. I feel even worse about the politicians who have allowed it to happen.

Why do they deserve it?

So you understand someone wanting to punch someone whose ilk didn't instigate any of this and for their £70 a week dole, but you don't understand somebody wanting to punch someone whose ilk instigated all of this and is getting much much richer during an era in history when everyone else is getting much much much poorer?

How does that work then?

I don't understand either btw.

Although blaming anyone at the bottom of the pyramid for anything in a trickle down society where everything is supposed to start at the top is obviously daft.

Edited by byron78

So you understand someone wanting to punch someone whose ilk didn't instigate any of this and for their £70 a week dole, but you don't understand somebody wanting to punch someone whose ilk instigated all of this and is getting much much richer during an era in history when everyone else is getting much much much poorer?

How does that work then?

I don't understand either btw.

Although blaming anyone at the bottom of the pyramid for anything in a trickle down society where everything is supposed to start at the top is obviously daft.

Wanting to punch someone just because they went to a specific school is ridiculous and that is why I asked why they deserved it? It has nothing to do with where they are on the "pyramid".

A YouGov survey shows:

their own families

200,000 attacks? There should be a least 1000 convictions then, unless it is a very organized group doing it.