House Price Crash Forum

House Prices: Have Sellers Missed The Top Of The Property Market?

HOLA441
HOLA442

Bob Evans says:

"We are seeing the normal pattern with housing. Spring is the time everyone goes house hunting . It then goes pretty quiet until next spring
The other myth here I that prices are falling in London. They are not the rate of increases is slowing down that's not the same as a fall"

Yeah bob, spot on, invest now before your children miss out.

HOLA443

I viewed a property on Saturday.

Agent called this morning. I told her (among other points) that I thought the property was 75K overvalued and she gave a shrill laugh. Put me right off the property and the agency. Silly girl is too young to recall a price crash.

Of all the other properties viewed with this agency, only viewing for 4 months now, one has been taken off the market and all the others remain unsold with with some doing the STC cha-cha-cha.

Its the agencies that will be the last to admit the peak has passed.

HOLA444

Agent called this morning. I told her (among other points) that I thought the property was 75K overvalued and she gave a shrill laugh. Put me right off the property and the agency. Silly girl is too young to recall a price crash.

Of all the other properties viewed with this agency, only viewing for 4 months now, one has been taken off the market and all the others remain unsold with with some doing the STC cha-cha-cha.

Its the agencies that will be the last to admit to joe-public the peak has passed.

HOLA445

Its the agencies that will be the last to admit the peak has passed.

I find that sort of attitude a lot with the younger or less experienced agents. Conversely, the older or more experienced ones (at least most of them) tend to be quite a lot more open and sensible.

The young ones will learn, probably the hard way :)

edit spellung

Edited by Fully Detached

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

So the young ones believe prices only ever go up?

In estate agency, yes I believe so. The best sales people are always the ones who really believe in their product.

The young ones are the ones who couldn't get into a re-branded polytechnic and are so thick the only job they could get was as a 2nd hand house salesman, IMHO.

And in a perverse twist of fate, that has probably left them in a much better position than if they had gone into higher education. Unless of course they're up to their balls in BTL, in which case they're well and truly rubber ducked.

HOLA449

In estate agency, yes I believe so. The best sales people are always the ones who really believe in their product.

And in a perverse twist of fate, that has probably left them in a much better position than if they had gone into higher education.

The cream always rises to the top.

There is always an opposite to each idiom.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

'FelixRotary.'

Sounds like some kind of lesbian sex toy.

Posts like one too:

• Spoken like someone who has waited too long and missed the boat

FelixRotary • a minute ago

Thats not a Ponzi scheme Ravi. That's the housing market. Some people lose lotto. Is that a ponzi scheme? Sure some people have lost property but that's a very small %. In a Ponzi EVERYONE loses. They are not the same.

I know plenty of people with IO mortgages. They overpay into a pension (tax free) and will pay their mortgage off with that.

FelixRotary • 21 minutes ago

buy it, you wont regret it. Renting is for losers.

FelixRotary • 21 minutes ago

Or be like you - wrong for 6-7 years, losing hundreds and thousands of quid in the process.

FelixRotary • 23 minutes ago

Ravi, In a Ponzi scheme you end up with nothing. Ask Bernie Madoff's victims. When you buy a house, you end up with a house, or several houses to which you generate an income. The 2 are very different. You would do well to learn that.

FelixRotary • 3 hours ago

I know 3 people that have all bought in the last 3 months, none have used help to buy. 2 have recently been transferred to the UK from America and HK. All bought in West London.

FelixRotary • 3 hours ago

Don't get jealous now Worzel.

You can smell the fear in hist posts, encouraging everyone to jump in and push up houses prices.

If FelixRotary wasn't in the fear stage then why would they be panicking and running around trying to get people to join in the PONZI!

If they really believed that they has and will make a lot of money from property, they would be quietly filling their boots like investors were back in 1998.

HOLA4415

Posts like one too:

You can smell the fear in hist posts, encouraging everyone to jump in and push up houses prices.

If FelixRotary wasn't in the fear stage then why would they be panicking and running around trying to get people to join in the PONZI!

If they really believed that they has and will make a lot of money from property, they would be quietly filling their boots like investors were back in 1998.

"All bought in West London." See my post in the london collapsing thread....one page in Fulham 9 of 10 listings were drops. Overall, 47% drops in the last 3 days.

If that blokes made up friends have really bought in wast London recently they are in for a not so pretend shock.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4416

Posts like one too:

I thought this comment in particular reeked of fear:

The value of your property will rise initially then it'll fall by over 30% when the collapse comes,

The whole uk market has been propped up by artificially low rates, QE, lenders accepting high default, and debt and immigration fuelled growth.

Unsustainable.

2 â–³ â–½

•

•

Share ›

MontieBurns > cargill55 • 2 hours ago

What makes you the harbinger of truth? Why should I listen to anyone who's name resembles Scargill?

Additionally, what do you know about the location, type, and standard of my property that would allow you to come to any kind of sensible conclusion?

I think the most likely summary we can all draw is that you may actually be a gonad.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

In one of the weekend property supplements there was a big piece about London prices cooling. A side pice was entitled "why doesn't anyone want to buy my lovely flat?" or some such, re some bloke in Wandsworth who's been trying to sell since May IIRC. 30 viewings but no offers, 'not even a cheeky one'. Amazingly enough all he advice quotes at the side of the piece mentioned price as a factor, reduce it, don't be too greedy, etc. - none of the usual stuff about cleaning and de-cluttering. The would-be vendor said he thought he had missed the boat. He had bought it in the 90s.

HOLA4420