House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

Registry Trust Ltd

was looking over my experien file www.experian.co.uk

This for anyone that does not know, is one of 2 main credit refrence agencies holding details of your last 6 years credit history.

It also holds records of what i would consider as not credit which suprised me, such as my telewest account is on it, which is a bill not credit.

4 years ago i got a ccj against me (student loans)

so under it it says source registry trust ltd, so i did a google

came up with http://www.registry-trust.org.uk/

here you can check on anyone's ccj's you can check your neighbour or your own or whoever you like and the information concerning it, ie what company what for ect ect.ccj are a matter of public record.

i remember someone on here posted a while back somewhere you could check on second mortgages on homes i would like to know that address please again if anyone knows i forgot it.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

i remember someone on here posted a while back somewhere you could check on second mortgages on homes i would like to know that address please again if anyone knows i forgot it.

The Land Registry. Land Registry Online

A charge of £2 is levied for a copy of the Title Register to download as a pdf file.

The charges register will show multiple charges for any further advances which have been made ( MEW )

The Land Registry. Land Registry Online

A charge of £2 is levied for a copy of the Title Register to download as a pdf file.

The charges register will show multiple charges for any further advances which have been made ( MEW )

nice charlie thankie

Saw there were two pages to the application, and guessed credit card input was concealed on the second one so didn't bother.

Can experian be used by individuals to investigate the spending habits of others?

For example an employer wishes to investigate a potential or current employee.

Saw there were two pages to the application, and guessed credit card input was concealed on the second one so didn't bother.

Can experian be used by individuals to investigate the spending habits of others?

Not sure if I'm reading the thread correctly... but two things stand out...

I think I see some confusion creeping in between the Land Registry and Registry Trust. The goal of the Land Registry we all know. Publicly-owned organisation to record details of UK land parcels and related transactions.

The Registry Trust is a privately-owned business that holds and deals in a range of credit-related data. The guy who runs the UK Home Repossession Page did a lot of work to find out about them and related organisations at http://www.home-repo.org/. I don;t know if his pages are still up to date as it seems not to have been updated for a while.

The second thing to note is that a credit reference check is only one of two ways to find out what information is held about you. The other way apparently gets more information and is a bit of an industry secret. It's called a Subject Access Rights Notice. The Home Repossession Page has quite a bit on them.

whoops_ap

just post them off a 2 pound cheque with your details, the mandatory report is set by the government at a set 2 pounds.

i get one every year to check on my credit rating i also at same time get the 2 pound one from www.eqifax.co.uk

these 2 hold 98% of all credit transactions for the uk populance and basically have the monopoly on it, when you apply for credit the guy sits at his computer in front of you and sticks your details in to one of they companies to have a nosy at your credit rating, that is all they do there is no such thing as a scoring system.

As such your entitled to do exactly the same as them, and to get your own report the one you see for yourself.

I think the law has been changed the last couple years but i remember in the 80s you could just send the 2 pound off and get anyone in the countries credit file, that was fun i tell ya.

...Can experian be used by individuals to investigate the spending habits of others?

Indeed it can.

I know of an employer which recently conducted checks on all employees using one of these companies.

Shortly after, they announced a round of redundancies.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

NDL