51 Yes 49 No - Rumoured Yougov Poll Tomorrow

R K

HOLA441
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

Is that the latest Andy Murray tweet?

HOLA443

In Scotland today it is either 'the day the vote failed' or 'independence day'. It's not clear which yet.

For many of the poor in Scotland - especially those people living in depressed regions like the old satellite towns round Glasgow and parts of Dundee - there has been no way out of the system that has given them a trend of decline and social and economic depression for 50 years.

Right now, for the first time in decades these people are trying to do something to get out of the spiral of decline. The engagement in some of these communities has jumped from 17% in normal elections to 80% registration in this referendum. Nationally 97% of scots have registered to vote.

Why? These people didn't register for previous elections. What makes this different?

I think all these people are coming out to vote for the first time in decades because there was no hope before, but now there is a hope - but only this once. What does it mean if the wealthy of scotland shout back 'no' in their face? "No. Accept the system that put you here. This is the best that can be. I'm fine today so I'll keep the status quo". Must all votes be selfish?

The talking heads are still ranting about political characters on both sides and trying to pick up toy issues and iconise or demonise each of the political parties that has affiliated with a side of the debate. It's as though they want to trick people into thinking this is an ordinary election that you can fix 4 years later, rather than a once-in-a-lifetime chance of change that we'll never get again.

For some reason, the vote in scotland has evolved into something more than a question about where we draw borders. It has become the question 'can we hope for something better?'. The poorest folk in Scotland are answering 'yes, this one time, we can hope'. There is a chance here to vote for hope with them.

Is this the best form for hope? Maybes aye maybes no. Some people don't like the form of the election. Some people don't want an independent Scotland. Some people hate Alex Salmond. But here it is and it is the only shot we're going to get. Whether you want an independent scotland or not, I ask that you consider saying "yes" to it anyway, because there is probably only going to be one chance in my lifetime to have a hope of saving the depressed parts of Scotland and end the decline - and this is it.

If you have ever stood in a depressed Scottish town, you will know that London has not been, and is not now, and likely will never be a source of hope for a potentially brighter future for the poor of Scotland.

I want to live in a world where the whole of the scottish population takes part in shaping their country and hoping for something better. Right now this is the only option within a human lifespan to make it happen.

Lots of people seem focused on the current faces of politics who teenagers will remember nothing of in just 10-15 years. Please try to forget about parties and talking heads for a moment. Look at the way people talk when they talk about why they are voting yes or voting no. Have you met a no-voter who talked about their hope for the potential of scotland in the future to find a better path, the chance to develop our cultural riches, or the chance to do something for the futures of the long term poor and disadvantaged in the country?

Do you believe in hope? If you do - as I do - then please choose hope on Thursday by voting Yes, for Friday and all the days after - alongside the millions of poor today that will otherwise face a lifetime without hope of a way to fix the system and break out of the spiral of decline that has plagued Scotland for decades.

This is the best possible day of your life to be an idealist.

Thanks for reading!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

In Scotland today it is either 'the day the vote failed' or 'independence day'. It's not clear which yet.

For many of the poor in Scotland - especially those people living in depressed regions like the old satellite towns round Glasgow and parts of Dundee - there has been no way out of the system that has given them a trend of decline and social and economic depression for 50 years.

Right now, for the first time in decades these people are trying to do something to get out of the spiral of decline. The engagement in some of these communities has jumped from 17% in normal elections to 80% registration in this referendum. Nationally 97% of scots have registered to vote.

Why? These people didn't register for previous elections. What makes this different?

I think all these people are coming out to vote for the first time in decades because there was no hope before, but now there is a hope - but only this once. What does it mean if the wealthy of scotland shout back 'no' in their face? "No. Accept the system that put you here. This is the best that can be. I'm fine today so I'll keep the status quo". Must all votes be selfish?

The talking heads are still ranting about political characters on both sides and trying to pick up toy issues and iconise or demonise each of the political parties that has affiliated with a side of the debate. It's as though they want to trick people into thinking this is an ordinary election that you can fix 4 years later, rather than a once-in-a-lifetime chance of change that we'll never get again.

For some reason, the vote in scotland has evolved into something more than a question about where we draw borders. It has become the question 'can we hope for something better?'. The poorest folk in Scotland are answering 'yes, this one time, we can hope'. There is a chance here to vote for hope with them.

Is this the best form for hope? Maybes aye maybes no. Some people don't like the form of the election. Some people don't want an independent Scotland. Some people hate Alex Salmond. But here it is and it is the only shot we're going to get. Whether you want an independent scotland or not, I ask that you consider saying "yes" to it anyway, because there is probably only going to be one chance in my lifetime to have a hope of saving the depressed parts of Scotland and end the decline - and this is it.

If you have ever stood in a depressed Scottish town, you will know that London has not been, and is not now, and likely will never be a source of hope for a potentially brighter future for the poor of Scotland.

I want to live in a world where the whole of the scottish population takes part in shaping their country and hoping for something better. Right now this is the only option within a human lifespan to make it happen.

Lots of people seem focused on the current faces of politics who teenagers will remember nothing of in just 10-15 years. Please try to forget about parties and talking heads for a moment. Look at the way people talk when they talk about why they are voting yes or voting no. Have you met a no-voter who talked about their hope for the potential of scotland in the future to find a better path, the chance to develop our cultural riches, or the chance to do something for the futures of the long term poor and disadvantaged in the country?

Do you believe in hope? If you do - as I do - then please choose hope on Thursday by voting Yes, for Friday and all the days after - alongside the millions of poor today that will otherwise face a lifetime without hope of a way to fix the system and break out of the spiral of decline that has plagued Scotland for decades.

Thanks for reading!

Splendid dream that happens in very few places in the world..not sure the Scottish economy on its own can deliver without EU help or monetary support from the UK.

HOLA448

Thanks for reading!

But you have had a Scottish government with substantial powers since 1999! Why is it Westminster's fault? You have even had the SNP in charge since 2007! Why isn't it their fault?

Come on - you're having a laugh!

HOLA449

But you have had a Scottish government with substantial powers since 1999! Why is it Westminster's fault? You have even had the SNP in charge since 2007! Why isn't it their fault?

Come on - you're having a laugh!

I think you're the one having a laugh. The most significant political-economic event of that period was the banking crisis. Did the Scottish government have any power to influence that course of events?

HOLA4410

I think you're the one having a laugh. The most significant political-economic event of that period was the banking crisis. Did the Scottish government have any power to influence that course of events?

Did Westminster have the power to influence events? No, apart from bailing out a bank or two, and a Global government won't be able to do anything about the next crash because the sums of money are too large.

In any event, an 'independent Scotland' wouldn't have the powers to do anything either becuase it wants to keep the pound.

Thank you so much for highlighting this inconvenient truth. B)

HOLA4411

Whatever the outcome, the idea of a federalised Britain is now out there.

We will also be sick of in/out referenda. Again, whatever the outcome, there is going to be endless problems with Scotland, which will be endlessly reported.

We are being taught that our future lies in regional assemblies that report to the real government, i.e. the United States of Europe.

HOLA4412

Whatever the outcome, the idea of a federalised Britain is now out there.

We will also be sick of in/out referenda. Again, whatever the outcome, there is going to be endless problems with Scotland, which will be endlessly reported.

We are being taught that our future lies in regional assemblies that report to the real government, i.e. the United States of Europe.

The idea of a federal Britain has been around since the days of Gladstone.

The problem is the asymmetry in size between england and the other nations, which is why regional assemblies for England should have been given a bit of a chance.

But having said that, in Wales and in Scotland the tendency has been to dentralise power in the devolved parliaments at the expense of local councils, which is not a good thing IMO.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

...you obviously thought the guy didn't deserve to have a point of view outside of his professional act.....e.g. Sean Connery does not hold the same political views as James Bond....likewise Bremner....who happens to be a NO in real life .... :rolleyes:

Utter drivel, and please feel free to quote where i said he didn't deserve a point of view.

HOLA4416

Scottish MPs certainly got to influence it, a one-eyed slack-jawed imbecilic one in particular.

Moreover, since the Scottish Government plans to use the pound, they'll still have no influence over the banking system.

HOLA4417

No because it did not have the financial resource...please feel free to take the debt

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The idea of a federal Britain has been around since the days of Gladstone.

The problem is the asymmetry in size between england and the other nations, which is why regional assemblies for England should have been given a bit of a chance.

But having said that, in Wales and in Scotland the tendency has been to dentralise power in the devolved parliaments at the expense of local councils, which is not a good thing IMO.

We have regional assemblies already, they are the councils. I don't get why we need more layers, we already have local government.

Local government completely hamstrung since the 1980s.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Kirstie says vote No

Change for change sake is pointless, only reason for independence wld be a guaranteed massive gain for Scots residence & there is NOT one.

I own a Glasgow based production company & every show I've ever been in has been proudly Made in Scotland, I do know what I'm talking about.

Promises made by Yes campaign don't stack up, whatever your politics it's too great a risk to take, Scotland is better off within the union.

If, like me you are desperate to protect Scotland from empty promises & shattered dreams Please Vote No tomorrow. #indyref

Edited by thecrashingisles

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425