House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geezer466

Illegals Strom Ferry In Calais

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29057709

And get the fire hose turned on them..... :)

I'm sure if any of us charged past a security/immigration barrier and onto a ferry, especially without a ticket, we'd be whisked off to the nick tout de suite. In the UK they'd likely brand us terrorists with it.

On a more serious note the Mayor of Calais has got a big sad on and reckons it's all our fault..... Talks of blockading the port.

Do the French has a duty to home these people? Are they crossing to the UK simply looking for somewhere to live?

I would think most of it comes down to most potential immigrants being able to speak some English and the English being very tolerant of them, even welcoming them on a personal level. I should think that most French people would simply turn their noses up and them and refuse to acknowledged their existence.

Do the French has a duty to home these people? Are they crossing to the UK simply looking for somewhere to live?

I would think most of it comes down to most potential immigrants being able to speak some English and the English being very tolerant of them, even welcoming them on a personal level. I should think that most French people would simply turn their noses up and them and refuse to acknowledged their existence.

That and having a means tested rather than contribution based benefits system...

I do like a good strom myself in the morning.

Thing is, if it's a load of people, the security and police are not gonna be able to stop them.

Me too but my fingers are to fatttt...... <_<

This has been going on for years but is rarely reported.

Border Agency and French Police looking the other way on late night ferries as the illegals run up the ramp has been going on for years. The only thing notable was this run on was in broad daylight and filmed.

I've been on a car deck where you had to push through the milling crowds illegals to get off the deck to the steps.

Was on one ferry crossing once where we were told to remain in the lounge until they'd cleared the throng off the car decks. One of the crew said it was about 400 of them.

They were let off and out of the port of Dover.

Its why Tesco and Morrisons (supply chain planning)report UK Population around the 80 million mark rather than the official 63 million mark.

All of the stories are focusing on the belligerence of Calais's mayor, though. What no-one in the media is questioning - hard - is why the illegals are trying so hard to get here.

I sometimes feel that I'm looking at the 'Emperors Clothes' here. The fact that the French choose not to collect and deport these people is not an over-sight, nor is it incompetence on a grand scale. It's a deliberate act. The fact that we have left our borders open, that we choose not to establish the mechanisms to collect and deport illegal immigrants or to make any meaningful efforts to do so, likewise cannot be accidental. I struggle to accept that this is governmental incompetence on a mind-boggling scale. It has to be policy, or at the very least, tacit cooperation between governments. Given that Labour admitted long ago that they opened the borders to force the multi-cultural society upon us, this is merely an extension of that policy, continued by the current governments (French and British).

On Radio 4 this morning they were talking about increasing the contributions from the over 50's to cover future welfare costs, another sure indicator of the demographic crunch we are approaching. The mantra that we need many more young people here seems to be pursued slavishly at any cost. The breaking down of a cohesive and successful society into the alternative 'multi-cultural' experiment with few shared values and little cohesion is a price our masters consider perfectly acceptable in order for the books are to be balanced in a few decades.

A bleating mayor in Calais makes good media fodder, but is an utterly pointless distraction from the wider issues.

A comment on the Guardian article on this says "French are just jealous. They'd kill for the UK's cultural standing."

Ah yes, they're attracted by our culture!

Thay are attracted by our kids.

A comment on the Guardian article on this says "French are just jealous. They'd kill for the UK's cultural standing."

Ah yes, they're attracted by our culture!

I'd kill to get France's population density.

Actually that sounds rather disturbing...

Wurzel, you think African migrants come here as they have a better understanding of English? Are you being ironic?

The last carton load who they caught, and are now most probably being housed in Mayfair, were French speaking, as with many other African countries.

Being able to speak English is the last concern of asylum seekers & benefit migrants.

The only way, and it's easy, is to stop giving free housing and benefits. The government know this, but it's all planned and is aiding the multicultural agenda to get rid of us nasty hideously white, English types. Ironically, it's our Masters who gave us this tag, many of us were slaves & workhouse fodder.

On a larger scale, the Frankfurt School have our fate planned, and there's nothing we can do about it!

I sometimes feel that I'm looking at the 'Emperors Clothes' here. The fact that the French choose not to collect and deport these people is not an over-sight, nor is it incompetence on a grand scale. It's a deliberate act. The fact that we have left our borders open, that we choose not to establish the mechanisms to collect and deport illegal immigrants or to make any meaningful efforts to do so, likewise cannot be accidental. I struggle to accept that this is governmental incompetence on a mind-boggling scale. It has to be policy, or at the very least, tacit cooperation between governments. Given that Labour admitted long ago that they opened the borders to force the multi-cultural society upon us, this is merely an extension of that policy, continued by the current governments (French and British).

On Radio 4 this morning they were talking about increasing the contributions from the over 50's to cover future welfare costs, another sure indicator of the demographic crunch we are approaching. The mantra that we need many more young people here seems to be pursued slavishly at any cost. The breaking down of a cohesive and successful society into the alternative 'multi-cultural' experiment with few shared values and little cohesion is a price our masters consider perfectly acceptable in order for the books are to be balanced in a few decades.

A bleating mayor in Calais makes good media fodder, but is an utterly pointless distraction from the wider issues.

Yes, I suspect this also. I think there's a collusion between those in power who want unlimited cheap labour, and cultural self-hating Marxists who want to destabilise British society. They are ably served by a vast army of handwringing civil servants and functionaries who don't want to appear 'racist' by any kind of criticism of foreigners, as we've seen in the recent Rotherham case.

If the British government genuinely wanted to control immigration they could do it overnight. Isn't there something similar going on in the USA with a blind eye being turned to 'wetbacks' from Mexico, because of their huge economic input in California, New Mexico etc?

Wurzel, you think African migrants come here as they have a better understanding of English? Are you being ironic?

The last carton load who they caught, and are now most probably being housed in Mayfair, were French speaking, as with many other African countries.

Being able to speak English is the last concern of asylum seekers & benefit migrants.

The only way, and it's easy, is to stop giving free housing and benefits. The government know this, but it's all planned and is aiding the multicultural agenda to get rid of us nasty hideously white, English types. Ironically, it's our Masters who gave us this tag, many of us were slaves & workhouse fodder.

On a larger scale, the Frankfurt School have our fate planned, and there's nothing we can do about it!

The working class in England 100 years ago were worse off than the slaves in America.

At least if you were a slave, and you got ill, your owner had to fork out another expense to buy a new one, so he had some vested interest in ensuring that you didnt starve to death and were fit to work.

If you were a manual labourer in the 19th century in Britain and you got ill and starved to death, the site manager didnt care, he just got a new labourer waiting on the doorstep who probably then worked for a lower price. It probably saved him money if you died.

The working class English and probably most Europeans lived in conditions worse than horses, and slaves. Living off 2 slices of bread and a cup of tea a day.

Of course the working class had 'freedom' which the slaves didnt have so it is all OK. Even though you are living off 2 slices of bread and a cup of tea a day with your whole family in the same room, that freedom makes all the difference. Thank the lord that you arent a slave, even though actually you are worse off if you stopped to think for 1 second.

I thought that most councils had stopped that business of publishing everything in 20 languages?

Marshmellow, your post reminds me of an old joke.

Plantation owner (to slave): climb up that tree and pick those coconuts.

Slave: Boss, why don't you get an Irishman to do it instead?

Plantation owner: What on earth for?

Slave: Well boss, if I climbs that tree and done fall down and die, youse gwine lose a hundrid dollars. But if yo sends an Irishman and he fall down an' die, yo don't lose nutthin' at all!

I thought that most councils had stopped that business of publishing everything in 20 languages?

Marshmellow, your post reminds me of an old joke.

Plantation owner (to slave): climb up that tree and pick those coconuts.

Slave: Boss, why don't you get an Irishman to do it instead?

Plantation owner: What on earth for?

Slave: Well boss, if I climbs that tree and done fall down and die, youse gwine lose a hundrid dollars. But if yo sends an Irishman and he fall down an' die, yo don't lose nutthin' at all!

Less of a joke, more of an historical anecdote...

wiki: Indentured Servant...

The most unenviable situation was that of servants on Southern plantations, living alongside but never with Negro slaves, both groups doing much the same work, often under the supervision of a relentless overseer… Even as late as 1770, William Eddis, the English surveyor of customs at Annapolis, thought that the Maryland Negroes were better off than "the Europeans, over whom the rigid planter exercises an inflexible severity." The Negroes, Eddis thought, were a lifelong property so were treated with a certain care, but the whites were "strained to the utmost to perform their allotted labor."