House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo's Hump

What Is The Price Of This House £200K 0R £250K?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-44773249.html?premiumA=true

**** ATTENTION FIRST TIME BUYERS !!! **** This BRAND NEW three DOUBLE bedroom town house is ideally located within close proximity to the picturesque Poole Quay and ferry port. The property can be purchased through the Governments HELP TO BUY SCHEME. Full market price £250,000.

or

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-44773246.html?premiumA=true

£250k, the missing 50k is the help to buy gift from the government. The true "value" of this house if however much lower. I would say about £75.

£250k, the missing 50k is the help to buy gift from the government. The true "value" of this house if however much lower. I would say about £75.

In 1999 i was working on a new build house in Shore Road, Sandbanks and the price of this 3 bed was about 175K, i remember thinking it was loadsamoney.

This **** up in adverts really does show helptobuy is nothing more then a gift with the payment deferred from buyer to developer.

Edited by Corruption

Blatantly misleading, but this dual pricing swizz is commonly seen with property for sale via HTB.

Still, £250k for a home that is 4 doorwidths wide and on a busy road (ferry traffic channeled through here, see street sign opposite site on Google maps below) sandwiched between a bargain booze and a pub, and with an industrial site opposite (which may be a blessing if it's quiet at night) and a bus stop on the front doorstep.

Have they moved the bussheleter or has it just been photoshopped away btw?:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.712013,-1.996445,3a,75y,203.37h,75.73t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s6GC5WZmUVORgPl019ARVpw!2e0?hl=en

Don't all rush at once..

Wheres the front parking, garage and garden? How can planners allow development like this.

I was browsing rightmove/zoopla the other night and see a few 5/6 bedroom new(ish) houses around this area for sale.

It immediately occurred to me that they didn't have much of a garden, parking (for 5/6 cars) garages etc.

Now, I guess when the mugs are buying a 'new house' they will put up with or live without gardens, parking and a garage, just so they can gain bragging right about their new 45/6 bedroom detached house.

What they don't realise is that nobody is going to buy one of these second hand ghetto houses without the necessary facilities as there is a whole market full of second hand house with front garden, garage, room to swing a cat etc.

This is why banks would only ever lend 75% of the full price - 25% of the new price is bragging rights for the sheeple.

Blatantly misleading, but this dual pricing swizz is commonly seen with property for sale via HTB.

Still, £250k for a home that is 4 doorwidths wide and on a busy road (ferry traffic channeled through here, see street sign opposite site on Google maps below) sandwiched between a bargain booze and a pub, and with an industrial site opposite (which may be a blessing if it's quiet at night) and a bus stop on the front doorstep.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.712013,-1.996445,3a,75y,203.37h,75.73t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s6GC5WZmUVORgPl019ARVpw!2e0?hl=en

Don't all rush at once..

Given this new information, I am lowering my valuation to £70k

It's shared equity with George Osborne and future chancellor's.

£200k is the price for only 80% of the house. If the Advertising Standards Authority were more use than a chocolate fire guard they wouldn't allow such misleading adverts

Don't all rush at once..

The whole front picture is computer generated, so they don't need to put in realisms like bus shelters.

Those three houses are a heap, and the advertising is totally misleading, but someone will buy unfortunately.

I once complained to the ASA about one because it was particularly annoying. There was the usual misleading Help to Bail Banks falsely reducing the price by 20% without stating it was shared equity but the agent also displayed a picture of a detached house when the house for sale was a semi-detached. The agent changed the picture to show a semi but the misleading 20% reduction was allowed to stand because Help to Bail Banks was mentioned in the small print.

Complaining to the ASA is almost as much of a waste of time as doing it to the Biased Broadcasting Corporation.

I know the answers most likely no, but are there jobs in the area to support those prices?

To comfortably afford a house, you should not be spending more than 25%(1) of your take home pay on the mortgage. With 50k deposit, 25 years and 4% interest the payment is £1055 per month. So to comfortably afford this house, you need to be earning at least £75k (monthly take home £4220). I doubt there are many people in Poole who earn this and who would want to live in this house.

If you spend more than 25% of your take home pay on the mortgage then you start running into problems such as:

1. No money left over to save for retirement

2. No money left over for holidays

3. No money left over for going out

4. No money left over for furniture

5. No money left over to have kids

6. No money left over to have a life

(1) I did not pull this out of nowhere, 25% is used by many personal finance books and is widely accepted. Banks want people to borrow more, because the product they are selling is debt.

Edited by NewBrit

I know the answers most likely no, but are there jobs in the area to support those prices?

Sunseekers, but theyve recently been bought out by the Chinese so it wont be long until those jobs have been off-shored.

Edited by Corruption