House Price Crash Forum

Hey Guys, Does Anyone Have Experience With Pv Panels?

Armando

HOLA441

Hey Guys my name is Armando, I am from Germany and I live in Bremen.

I registered to this forum because I have some questions and I was thinking this is the right place to do them and share my ideas, also to have any advice from you guys.

Recently I bought a new private house with a very spacious garden , it has also a big roof about 90m2, where I would like to install a photovoltaic system, so I can produce part of the energy used for my house.

Now the question is: what I need to know so I can install the photovoltaic system?

I need some general information to start, so later I can contact the installers, or I can search and compare different PV manufacturers and their quality.

I read somewhere that I must be careful about the angle of solar panels for the best efficiency etc..

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

It works here financially Armando if you can afford to buy them outright because of the government tariffs paid, I wouldn't know what they are in Germany.

I'm getting some fitted (hopefully, installers are a bit busy) and I've gone for a reputable firm by picking a firm with big contracts and decent maintenance / monitoring arrangements and speaking to an existing customer.

From your post I take it you've discounted any of the roof rental scams - well done as the penalties for an interrupted supply are big.

HOLA445

It works here financially Armando if you can afford to buy them outright because of the government tariffs paid, I wouldn't know what they are in Germany.

I'm getting some fitted (hopefully, installers are a bit busy) and I've gone for a reputable firm by picking a firm with big contracts and decent maintenance / monitoring arrangements and speaking to an existing customer.

From your post I take it you've discounted any of the roof rental scams - well done as the penalties for an interrupted supply are big.

Mr Armando might need a "roof rental scaml" explained! Although he sounds less German than I do! :blink:

I was always worried about such schemes!

HOLA446

Ideally, you need a south facing roof. You will kind of get away with east-west - but North is absolute no no. Installer wise look for recommendations from previous customers, as well as long guarantees for both the installation, as well as the individual components. Big difference in prices between different solar panels.

Bear in mind that inverters tend to need replacing once a decade. Current prices are £1K.

I believe there is a domestic feed in tariff in Germany, and you should familiarise yourself with the relevant guidelines and any loopholes. For example, in the UK installations over 4kWp attract a lower feed-in tariff rate - but if you've room for a truly massive installation it might be worth your while. Germany's gotchas will undoubtably be different.

Otherwise, think about how you will maximise your output. If you are around during the day, it's a cinch to do your cooking, washing etc at peak out times. If not, you might want to use timers etc.

Lastly, consider if you can dump any excess power before giving it up to the grid. You can get devices to do this automatically for you. For example, I have one which heats up our hot water using any excess.

Batteries, unless you really want to go off-grid (or have to) - are still not good value.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Mr Armando might need a "roof rental scaml" explained! Although he sounds less German than I do! :blink:

I was always worried about such schemes!

He sounds pretty German to me. The two dots after the final etc. are a dead giveaway.

Edit: God only knows why a German, living in Germany, would be asking for advice on solar panels on a British forum though.

HOLA4412

He sounds pretty German to me. The two dots after the final etc. are a dead giveaway.

Edit: God only knows why a German, living in Germany, would be asking for advice on solar panels on a British forum though.

Our hi-tech radar won the Battle of Britain. Obviously, he knows his history.

Not to mention Barnes Wallis and the bouncing bomb.

HOLA4413

And on a forum dedicated to house prices rather than solar panels. :wacko:

Look at his post history, all meaningless one-liners to up the post count, I smell a rat.

My guess is this is a second account of somebody else here. <_<

HOLA4414

I don't know about anyone else but Armando's gone off grid much quicker than I was expecting.

Maybe the dog ate his internet cable? :blink:

Archived