House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Mother Locks 4Yo In Bedroom For 3 Hours - 150 Days Jail

Police were called to rescue the youngster after she was left in a bedroom for more than three hours while her mum went into Carlisle city centre.

Diane Jackson, prosecuting, told how officers found that the little girl's potty was nearly full and the room was sparsely decorated with bare floorboards exposed.

The court was told that a neighbour heard the girl shouting 'I want to come out' from an upstairs room and later 'I'm hungry. I need a drink'.

Another neighbour said she spotted Ritson, of Carlisle, Cumbria, with her partner in the city centre at about 1pm.

The police were called and officers managed to open the kitchen window in an attempt to rescue the girl before Ritson finally returned home at around 4pm.

When asked by police officers why she had left her daughter, Ritson said that she 'needed to be by herself'.

She also claimed that, before she left the house, her daughter was given a drink and she had locked her door for the child's own safety.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2739535/Mother-locked-four-year-old-daughter-bedroom-three-hours-town-jailed-150-days.html

Sentencing - that's extreme. I've seen suspended sentences (i.e. let off scot free) for violent assaults.

Crime - well, the saintly McCanns anyone? And that when I went to Butlins as a youngster it was absolutely routine for the parents to go out for the evening after putting the kids to bed. I recall the "Baby crying in chalet 223" announcements. Some on here have total black and white views on this sort of thing, saying it's neglect but I don't see it. Three hours, given a drink, potty not full.

The real problem seems to be that the girl was shouting so the neighbours and then the police had to get involved, at which point it gained a momentum of its own.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2739535/Mother-locked-four-year-old-daughter-bedroom-three-hours-town-jailed-150-days.html

Sentencing - that's extreme. I've seen suspended sentences (i.e. let off scot free) for violent assaults.

Crime - well, the saintly McCanns anyone? And that when I went to Butlins as a youngster it was absolutely routine for the parents to go out for the evening after putting the kids to bed. I recall the "Baby crying in chalet 223" announcements. Some on here have total black and white views on this sort of thing, saying it's neglect but I don't see it. Three hours, given a drink, potty not full.

The real problem seems to be that the girl was shouting so the neighbours and then the police had to get involved, at which point it gained a momentum of its own.

The mother in Scotland who killed her son was last week jailed for 11 years only.

" the room was sparsely decorated with bare floorboards exposed" - like so many things, it's just more crimey when poor people do it.

Something like this do you reckon?

designer-home-decor-124.jpg

Got to keep the kids coming through into the care system. How else are the establishment going to get their kicks? I was thinking the other day... Wouldn't it be ironic if the kids who were taken out of foster care because the parents were UKIP voters ended up being physically abused by Labour voters whilst in the care system.

Got to keep the kids coming through into the care system. How else are the establishment going to get their kicks? I was thinking the other day... Wouldn't it be ironic if the kids who were taken out of foster care because the parents were UKIP voters ended up being physically abused by Labour voters whilst in the care system.

It'd be tragic.

But you can see it happening.

Good God two mates on my road had two interesting punishments in the late sixties,...one was threatened with the boggie hole......basically you got locked in a cupboard under the stairs...from memory about three feet cubed (ok so long as you weren't claustrophobic). The other used to get tied up in a chair.

" the room was sparsely decorated with bare floorboards exposed" - like so many things, it's just more crimey when poor people do it.

Posher people send kids to boarding school, where somebody else can abuse them! :blink:

Posher people send kids to boarding school, where somebody else can abuse them! :blink:

Flashman roasting Tom Brown...excellent training for the future world leaders and elite...for the Flashman's of this world that is.

Flashman roasting Tom Brown...excellent training for the future world leaders and elite...for the Flashman's of this world that is.

One of my mates was a boarder, and he admitted you should not put children through that! He was no Flashman!

Aye.

We scum of course can't really afford to pay for abuse of that quality, and must rely on a charity to take our kids away for a fortnight's camping instead.

With a bunch of short, fat middle-aged men in short pants who possess an item known as a 'woggle'...

XYY

Aye.

We scum of course can't really afford to pay for abuse of that quality, and must rely on a charity to take our kids away for a fortnight's camping instead.

With a bunch of short, fat middle-aged men in short pants who possess an item known as a 'woggle'...

XYY

There's something perverted about "scouting"!. I am sure it attracts the "less than holy"! :blink:

You are not allowed to question anything to do with the saints on this forum. that will get you banned quicker than you can say 'muslim pedo'.

I know it's just tongue in cheek humour, and I'm sure scout leaders have pretty thick skin..

But..

Insinuating that anybody who volunteers their time to work with children must have an ulterior motive (with some kind of sexual undertone) only means there will be fewer of these activities for kids to do.

Then we'll have another thread complaining that there are no decent activities for kids anymore with a wagging finger at the government for not providing it.

[/soapbox]

From the comments..

Didn't Cameron leave is kid in a pub.. how many days did he get?

Great story though.. no real background, no other evidence.. who really knows.

Doesn't sound like the kid actually suffered particularly (I'm sure I got sent to my room when I was 4).. but not many people would actually leave a kid in the house on their own like that.

The back story is probably along the lines that the neighbours gave a statement saying that it was a regular occurrence, they had their concerns for the child's safety.. and the mother probably didn't interview very articulately in the dock to defend her actions.. etc etc.

The judge probably gave the mum a few months in prison for a little R&R, and put the kid into care / with family to see whether any of the alleged behavioural issues could be addressed.

If done well it could probably be beneficial for both. If not it could be very traumatic and counter productive. I expect we'll never find out.

I know it's just tongue in cheek humour, and I'm sure scout leaders have pretty thick skin..

But..

Insinuating that anybody who volunteers their time to work with children must have an ulterior motive (with some kind of sexual undertone) only means there will be fewer of these activities for kids to do.

Then we'll have another thread complaining that there are no decent activities for kids anymore with a wagging finger at the government for not providing it.

[/soapbox]

Absolutely. Men have always been under-represented in infants schools (mainly because blokes generally don't want to work with young kids, it's not within their genes) but the numbers have got even lower with this sort of sniggering "Oh, so you want to be with young kids all day do you?". Keep up the "jokes" and there will be no male teachers in infants schools and no male scout leaders because nobody wants that sort of nudge-nudge wink-wink "humour" tarnishing a very worthy bit of social duty.

Absolutely. Men have always been under-represented in infants schools (mainly because blokes generally don't want to work with young kids, it's not within their genes) but the numbers have got even lower with this sort of sniggering "Oh, so you want to be with young kids all day do you?". Keep up the "jokes" and there will be no male teachers in infants schools and no male scout leaders because nobody wants that sort of nudge-nudge wink-wink "humour" tarnishing a very worthy bit of social duty.

OK, point taken, it was a cheap shot, sorry. :unsure:

OK, point taken, it was a cheap shot, sorry. :unsure:

You are forgiven. As penance get yourself down Wetherspoons, drink ten pints of lager, and then approach a wouldccc type lass.

Canny posters normally you two lads (Frank and lispy) but objecting to scout jokes, or any about blokes in primary schools is pretty lame craic like.

The publicity that would ensue if just one of either group got caught shagging a bairn would do their public image infintessimally more damage than a million of my juvenile quips ever could.

Yer argument is a bit daft lads. Their public perception is in their hands, not mine.

The day either of you can show me a complete year's worth of any national newspaper or TV news show that doesn't report one such story in that 12 month period, then I may reconsider my actions.

But until you can, the joke stands.

Anyway, enough of that. Did you hear the one about the choirboy and the male nurse...

;)

XYY

Absolutely. Men have always been under-represented in infants schools (mainly because blokes generally don't want to work with young kids, it's not within their genes) but the numbers have got even lower with this sort of sniggering "Oh, so you want to be with young kids all day do you?". Keep up the "jokes" and there will be no male teachers in infants schools and no male scout leaders because nobody wants that sort of nudge-nudge wink-wink "humour" tarnishing a very worthy bit of

Yes they have! I quite like to deal with chidren, Frank!! I am sure Mr Renting is gonna make a filthy comment!

Absolutely. Men have always been under-represented in infants schools (mainly because blokes generally don't want to work with young kids, it's not within their genes) but the numbers have got even lower with this sort of sniggering "Oh, so you want to be with young kids all day do you?". Keep up the "jokes" and there will be no male teachers in infants schools and no male scout leaders because nobody wants that sort of nudge-nudge wink-wink "humour" tarnishing a very worthy bit of

Yes they have! I quite like to deal with chidren, Frank!! I am sure Mr Renting is gonna make a filthy comment!

OK:

You're fυcking useless at using quote boxes.