House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

Anyone Been Inside?

Talk about it here. Terrible conditions or cushy number? Boring life, or a life of terror avoiding the shower boys and/or the bully boys. Porridge or Cell block H?

Talk about it here. Terrible conditions or cushy number? Boring life, or a life of terror avoiding the shower boys and/or the bully boys. Porridge or Cell block H?

When are you up for sentencing?

Only visited proper jails, but I've spent a few nights in the local bobbie-shop over the years - usually as a result of being 'tired and emotional'... ;)

XYY

I've never been to prison! I'm too guilty! :blink:

A spell in prison seems to be a bit like one of those experiences you might be missing out on if you don't try it once but as you say not sure it's a good thing there's an opportunity to cross bum sex off the list simultaneously.

A spell in prison seems to be a bit like one of those experiences you might be missing out on if you don't try it once but as you say not sure it's a good thing there's an opportunity to cross bum sex off the list simultaneously.

XYY: Are you a bummer in a cage...?

SNACCY: No, I certainly am not.

XYY: Help...! Bummer on the loose...!!!

;)

XYY

Spent an evening begging to be let inside the Rundu prison in Namibia.

Far nicer than the local "hotel."

I'm sure there's a story you should share with us! :blink:

Have visited strangeways twice.

Ian Brown (Stone Roses) said growing up in Manchester he used to wonder what it was like in there and thought he'd like to spend some time there.

When he did get locked up in there he said "Why on earth did I think that?", it was awful.

My third-hand take on it is that drugs are rife, high security prisons are awful, but open prisons are tolerable.

I don't want to be caught! :blink:

I did a bit of temporary work for London Boro of Hammersmith and Fulham back in the 80's. Had to drive a dustcart into Wormwood Scrubs and drive round the wings empting the bulk bins.

Never saw any of the lags, except through several layers of chain link when they were in the exercise yard, the hardest part of the job was dodging the contents of their pi$$ pots which they chucked from their cell windows when they spotted you. As the driver I used to stay in the wagon but had to tactically employ the windscreen wipers/washers on several occasions.

Used to pity the prison officer who had to crawl under the wagon on the way out each time to make sure there wasn't a lag hiding under there.

Pretty much it except for another afternoon in my misspent youth when I spent an afternoon in West End central getting after getting caught up in a pub brawl. They held (and charged me) for being drunk and disorderly. As I gave them a bit of lip. I got the 'cell mattress' treatment but that was deserved. Next morning (they did let me home in the interim) up at Bow Street Mags I got fined £30.00

I did a bit of temporary work for London Boro of Hammersmith and Fulham back in the 80's. Had to drive a dustcart into Wormwood Scrubs and

Pretty much it except for another afternoon in my misspent youth when I spent an afternoon in West End central getting after getting caught up in a pub brawl. They held (and charged me) for being drunk and disorderly. As I gave them a bit of lip. I got the 'cell mattress' treatment but that was deserved. Next morning (they did let me home in the interim) up at Bow Street Mags I got fined £30.00

Smashing value! A mate of mine was fined £200 for being sick on a policeman once! And he was pissed in court too!

Ian Brown (Stone Roses) said growing up in Manchester he used to wonder what it was like in there and thought he'd like to spend some time there.

When he did get locked up in there he said "Why on earth did I think that?", it was awful.

My third-hand take on it is that drugs are rife, high security prisons are awful, but open prisons are tolerable.

You often see in films and dramas, that a prisoner is "punished" by being put into solitary confinement for a while. Given what must be a high proportion of nasties in the cells, I'd have thought solitary would be welcome respite?

You often see in films and dramas, that a prisoner is "punished" by being put into solitary confinement for a while. Given what must be a high proportion of nasties in the cells, I'd have thought solitary would be welcome respite?

But solitary confinement can lead to insanity and is recognised as torture.

Heh, but if you're insane already......

i could cope with it then! -_-

Not personally, but a housemate from my mis-spent youth was, and I visited him a few times at Ford Open Prison. It was the most ridiculous sentencing ever. He was out one night with his mates, got p*ssed to the point of passed out, so his mates put him in the back seat of the car. On the way home they decided it would be a brilliant idea to rob the local off-license, which they did, badly and the police turned up. All of them (including my mate) had to appear in court and I remember the day of his court appearance and me saying "It'll be fine, you were passed out in the car, how can you have been an accessory to a robbery, you weren't even conscious". He got a year. The first time I visited him at Ford, I thought it would be an awful-grim "Porridge" style place, it was like Butlins. I asked him if he was ok and keeping busy and he reeled off a list of activities, badminton, football, going to the gym everyday (he looked better than I'd ever seen him), gardening as his day job, using the educational facilities to do some courses he'd never had time for... Obviously going to prison isn't ideal, but he said it was an excellent 10 months (his served time) in terms of being able to relax and focus on some life goals.

I also went there a second time with a friend for moral support, who's boyfriend was in there for fraud. An Accountant with a gambling problem.

Not personally, but a housemate from my mis-spent youth was, and I visited him a few times at Ford Open Prison. It was the most ridiculous sentencing ever. He was out one night with his mates, got p*ssed to the point of passed out, so his mates put him in the back seat of the car. On the way home they decided it would be a brilliant idea to rob the local off-license, which they did, badly and the police turned up. All of them (including my mate) had to appear in court and I remember the day of his court appearance and me saying "It'll be fine, you were passed out in the car, how can you have been an accessory to a robbery, you weren't even conscious". He got a year. The first time I visited him at Ford, I thought it would be an awful-grim "Porridge" style place, it was like Butlins. I asked him if he was ok and keeping busy and he reeled off a list of activities, badminton, football, going to the gym everyday (he looked better than I'd ever seen him), gardening as his day job, using the educational facilities to do some courses he'd never had time for... Obviously going to prison isn't ideal, but he said it was an excellent 10 months (his served time) in terms of being able to relax and focus on some life goals.

I also went there a second time with a friend for moral support, who's boyfriend was in there for fraud. An Accountant with a gambling problem.

You have failed to meet gentlemen! :wacko:

You have failed to meet gentlemen! :wacko:

It all worked out well, Mr Starla is certainly one of those.

No people or animals were harmed in any of the above (althoughi it's not big and it's not clever).

It all worked out well, Mr Starla is certainly one of those.

No people or animals were harmed in any of the above (althoughi it's not big and it's not clever).

You lucky *******! nice people are hard to find, and I'm still looking! :blink:

Have you ever been allowed outside?

Not with a pencil! Just think of me as Hannibal on the toilet! :blink: