House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

Have I Got Deafer Or Has Everyone Else Got Mumblier ?

Actually I know the answer to that, and it's not the good one, but really I was wondering about the comprehensibility of the football managers from that big norther town on the left, who's first language is not English. I can hardly understand a word either of them say.

I know a deaf lady with a motorbike! When she "nags" me , she puts on big gardening gloves, and waves her hands around a lot! :blink:

None of those facts seem to be related.

I met her in a motorbike shop! If you can make any sense from my posts, you are a better man than I! :blink:

As proudly announced on another thread, I have X-ray Ears.

i can even hear through women's clothing.

What are you listening to? :blink: Mr Queefing!

As proudly announced on another thread, I have X-ray Ears.

i can even hear through women's clothing.

Sorry, but that's a red card for using the same shite joke in more than one thread renty mate.

Sin-bin for twenty minutes...

XYY

Sorry, but that's a red card for using the same shite joke in more than one thread renty mate.

XYY

I'm pretty sure I have done that! :wacko:

Everyone has got mumblier. Remember that BBC serialisation of Jamaica Inn? I had the subtitles on. Seems I wasn't alone! :)

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/apr/23/bbc-jamaica-inn-audience-sound-transmission-du-maurier

Compare that with one of the old TV series, e.g. The Pallisers (70s) or the Beeb's 90s Pride and Prejudice, come to that. You can hear every word. None of this 'naturalistic' bolax - the actors were trained to e-nun-ci-ate.

Nowadays I'm forever telling Mr B to pass me the remote so I can turn the sound up a bit. Partly anno domini, but partly the wretched 'naturalistic' mumbling. Some famous actor had a go about it the other day - can't remember who, though.

XYY

Mods, please merge this thread with the Special Powers thread, so I get out of jail.

Mods, please merge this thread with the Special Powers thread, so I get out of jail.

Have you dropped the soap in the shower yet?

I suspect that some of this may be due to the poor audio quality on many flat screen TVs. I recently upgraded to a soundbar (not an expensive one) and it now sounds like people are speaking in the room. The dialogue is no longer lost in all the mix.

YMMV, etc

I don't think flat-screens are at fault. I remember the first time I switched from CRT to a flat-screen the thing I noticed first was that the sound was much better than the single mono speaker in the older TV.

Maybe the problem is that they now mix the sound for people who have full home cinema set ups and it doesn't work very well with a standard TV.

Compare that with one of the old TV series, e.g. The Pallisers (70s) or the Beeb's 90s Pride and Prejudice, come to that. You can hear every word. None of this 'naturalistic' bolax - the actors were trained to e-nun-ci-ate.

Nowadays I'm forever telling Mr B to pass me the remote so I can turn the sound up a bit. Partly anno domini, but partly the wretched 'naturalistic' mumbling. Some famous actor had a go about it the other day - can't remember who, though.

Assassinate all naturalistic mumblers. :)

Assassinate all naturalistic mumblers. :)

I didn't quite hear that! :rolleyes:

I use a Yamaha sound bar. Still some programmes sound like mumbles - while some are over-loud.

If you play with your tv `s sound options you may be able to turn on a bit of compression which will make the mumbles louder, and the over-loud bits quieter.

Modern TV`s have more dynamic range than they used to. Trouble is they mostly use it to make the adverts too ******ing loud.

If you play with your tv `s sound options you may be able to turn on a bit of compression which will make the mumbles louder, and the over-loud bits quieter.

Modern TV`s have more dynamic range than they used to. Trouble is they mostly use it to make the adverts too ******ing loud.

To be more precise, there used to be regulations (or at least, some restrictions) over the dynamic range of TV audio. All that was abolished years ago when the IBA was replaced by the ITC, etc, which in turn was replaced by Ofcom. Regulation, as it is, is lax.

I think she said assassinate all naturists in the Mumbles.

That is my mission! I cannot be bribed, and nor reasoned with! It will not stop! A Sarah Connor shoud be dead scared now!

I have it wired direct to the box.

Agree about the adverts being too loud bird be worth a bit to invent a gizmo that automatically mutes adverts!