House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Red-Light District Dims As Zurich Bankers Curb Spending

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-28/red-light-district-dims-as-zurich-bankers-curb-spending.html

Zurich’s red-light district is dimming. Bankers who have been core patrons of the city’s sex industry and cabarets are curbing spending.

The venues of Langstrasse -- or long street -- are closing, replaced by hipster bars, techno clubs and even a backpackers’ hostel. Like the finance industry, the sex trade has opted for a lower profile.

“Times have changed,” said Kevin Joliat, the manager of the Petit Prince nightclub in central Zurich. “Bankers really have to show who the client was, why they spent the money and was it really necessary,” said Joliat, who once worked at Zuercher Kantonalbank, Switzerland’s largest state-owned bank.

The decline of erotic entertainment highlights a changing culture in Zurich as banking jobs ebb and public opinion turns against inflated bonuses. That and smaller budgets for entertaining customers have deprived the clubs and bars of a key customer base.

Bank rules on expenses have become stricter, said Balz Stueckelberger, head of the Employers Association of Banks in Switzerland, which is based in Basel.

I'm sure we can all get the violins out for the bankers who no longer can put a hooker on expenses and it appears if it's not on expenses they don't want to pay for it out of their own money?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-28/red-light-district-dims-as-zurich-bankers-curb-spending.html

“Times have changed,” said Kevin Joliat, the manager of the Petit Prince nightclub in central Zurich.

I'm sure we can all get the violins out for the bankers who no longer can put a hooker on expenses and it appears if it's not on expenses they don't want to pay for it out of their own money?

They'll be having a "Ho'down"

Pragmatic solution required here folks, and as usual, I have it.

The bankers need cheaper prozzies, and we want to banish them to a living hell for their greed and incompetence.

Why not kill two birds with one stone and simply relocate them all to Middlesbrough...

;)

XYY

The bankers need cheaper prozzies, and we want to banish them to a living hell for their greed and incompetence.

Why not kill two birds with one stone and simply relocate them all to Middlesbrough...

;)

XYY

Derby is the place! They do a half-price daytime happy hour session! And then you can get to see their bum pimples in full daylight, with the kid watching!

;)

XYY

Could be that you have an innovative regeneration plan ther, newcy.

Create an Enterprise Plus Zome there, where everything is allowed as long as it does not involve Asians and human under-eighteens.

Not only the most beautiful (and ugly) of women, but men and the latest Japanese robots, and whatever substances you wish to imbibe.

No rules, except for one or two very specific ones like I mentioned above, and the penalty for infringing them would be death by pepper spray and taser.

forget teh world beating transporter bridge - this will be the world beating sex and drugs park.

And a ten percent flat rate tax levied by the local authority so they can spend on the community and on extra allowances so that Middlesborough councillors can afford to go there.

Derby is the place! They do a half-price daytime happy hour session! And then you can get to see their bum pimples in full daylight, with the kid watching!

Well you certainly put a good case forward there Pinny mate.

I'm a lifelong Hartlepool United supporter, but am now seriously considering switching my allegiance to Derby Cùnty...

XYY

Could be that you have an innovative regeneration plan ther, newcy.

Create an Enterprise Plus Zome there, where everything is allowed as long as it does not involve Asians and human under-eighteens.

Not only the most beautiful (and ugly) of women, but men and the latest Japanese robots, and whatever substances you wish to imbibe.

No rules, except for one or two very specific ones like I mentioned above, and the penalty for infringing them would be death by pepper spray and taser.

forget teh world beating transporter bridge - this will be the world beating sex and drugs park.

And a ten percent flat rate tax levied by the local authority so they can spend on the community and on extra allowances so that Middlesborough councillors can afford to go there.

Excellent fleshing-out of my bare-bones proposal there crashy - welcome to team Middlesbrough...

XYY

Well you certainly put a good case forward there Pinny mate.

I'm a lifelong Hartlepool United supporter, but am now seriously considering switching my allegiance to Derby Cùnty...

XYY

No! You want Pork Vale in Stoke! :blink:

No! You want Pork Vale in Stoke! :blink:

:)

Aye, another possibility my sharp friend.

But will definitely be avoiding them sleezy London clubs, like Arsé-anàl or Queen's Pork Rangers...

;)

XYY