House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloo Loo

Bakeoff..sabotage By Old Lady? Or Sabotage By Edit?

Huge interest and real outrage at the apparent sabotage of a contestants baked Alaska.

Real issues attract far less interest.

Ukraine....yawn...ISIS...almost nodding off....yet clothing and cakes cause outrage while people poor buckets of ice water over themselves.

Are we doomed?

Not so much lack of interest, perhaps, as that people can't bear the dreadful, depressing stuff on the news - things they can do absolutely nothing about. Must say I often find myself changing channels lately.

Mind you I don't watch Bakeoff either.

They didn't stop talking about this on the local radio this morning. I would be marginally interested if it was a local scandal but something on a TV prog the great majority of people don't watch has zero interest.

They didn't stop talking about this on the local radio this morning. I would be marginally interested if it was a local scandal but something on a TV prog the great majority of people don't watch has zero interest.

Something the great majority don't watch??

I sometimes think I'm about the only person who doesn't. Just about everybody I know watches it - young, old, in between...

I am in that age group Frank, and Mrs Bear I like cakes!

Something the great majority don't watch??

I sometimes think I'm about the only person who doesn't. Just about everybody I know watches it - young, old, in between...

A quick Google reveals 8m watching.

So the great majority aren't watching it.

A quick Google reveals 8m watching.

So the great majority aren't watching it.

Two of the eight posts on this thread are from you, and yet you stated above that this subject has zero interest for you. :P

I saw a bit of it. I missed the actual baked alaskas drama, but I saw the big sensitive boy looking sad. It sounds much like the "manufactured conflict" that is an essential part of all reality shows.

I like baking, and I really enjoyed the first series, but I hate the way these shows gradually morph into soap operas, and the spin offs are even worse. Look, here are those people you saw doing that show you liked, and they're just sitting round the table doing nothing, but it fills up half an hour. Look here's that chef you like, and look, all his friends are coming to visit him in his restaurant, isn't that lovely, and they're going to banter about stuff, I think we can stretch that one out to an hour.

Huge interest and real outrage at the apparent sabotage of a contestants baked Alaska.

Real issues attract far less interest.

Ukraine....yawn...ISIS...almost nodding off....yet clothing and cakes cause outrage while people poor buckets of ice water over themselves.

Are we doomed?

"bread and circusses" wasn't meant to be taken quite that literally!

the great british bake-off,follwed by celebrity cirque-de-soleil.

hmmmm...gripping TV

I've got an idea for a new show.

The great British Berkoff.

Presented by Steven Berkoff of course but each week (British) people would try to out-berk each other as they all vie for the title of Great British Berk.

Closely followed by my pitch for the Great British Burkha on Al Jazeera.

"bread and circusses" wasn't meant to be taken quite that literally!

the great british bake-off,follwed by celebrity cirque-de-soleil.

hmmmm...gripping TV

It sort of makes Neighbours look high brow tv.