House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Electrical Brain Stimulation

25000 volts should do it!

I usually give myself a quick blast with the old megger tester when there's no coffee left and I'm falling asleep so this is probably the same sort of thing, where do I apply for my copyright infringement payout?

I've had a few 10kv test voltage shocks over the years. You are wandering about wide awake and with a hard on for the rest of the day, so maybe there is something in it.

Now I had a colleague that got on to energised 6.6kv bus bars one time and survived. Just burnt the back of his hand. The two electricians that were working together at the time were temporarily blinded by the flash and were crawling around on their hands and knees for a few minutes shouting for help. The guy that got the shock was as thick as a post. He was still as thick as a post afterwards, so perhaps it wasn't the optimal voltage for brain stimulation.

I've had a few 10kv test voltage shocks over the years. You are wandering about wide awake and with a hard on for the rest of the day, so maybe there is something in it.

Now I had a colleague that got on to energised 6.6kv bus bars one time and survived. Just burnt the back of his hand. The two electricians that were working together at the time were temporarily blinded by the flash and were crawling around on their hands and knees for a few minutes shouting for help. The guy that got the shock was as thick as a post. He was still as thick as a post afterwards, so perhaps it wasn't the optimal voltage for brain stimulation.

Yeah you want 6.7kv for that - the Einstein voltage they call it.

Interested about the hard on side effect too...for a mate, natch

That was your special "herbal tea"!

And more worryingly for him, people are also increasingly making brain stimulation kits themselves. This easily "puts the technology in the realms of clever teenagers," adds Dr Davis.

An active forum on reddit is devoted to the technology, and people there have complained of "burning to the scalp". Another user wrote that they "seemed to be getting angry frequently" after using TDCS.

"These are the people who are probably going to do it at a higher dosage than a scientist or clinician would give to a patient and are less aware of the potential risks," says Dr Davis.

I recently made myself an electric footbath out an old laptop transformer, and two water filled basins. Starts to tingle a bit, or possibly even sting, after about 10 or 20 mins.

I shall have to look into this option

I thought this thread would be about those whispering youtube videos.

youve not heard the buzz?..

Yes well, after I had a stroke last year I had all sorts of strange things happening in my brain as the left side of my brain rebuilt itself.

Then 5 months later I had a blackout and woke up in hospital.....plus I got a 12 month driving ban. 10% of stroke victims are prone to this.

Driving again now!

It`s caused by electrical activity overload ....or something.

By all means experiment with yourselves.

Still used for some mental health conditions and has some good results too.

http://www.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder/electroconvulsive-therapy-ect

"Although ECT has been used since the 1940s and 1950s, it remains misunderstood by the general public. Many of the procedure's risks and side effects are related to the misuse of equipment, incorrect administration, or improperly trained staff. It is also a misconception that ECT is used as a "quick fix" in place of long-term therapy or hospitalization. Nor is it correct to believe that the patient is painfully "shocked" out of the depression. Unfavorable news reports and media coverage have contributed to the controversy surrounding this treatment"

http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/electroconvulsive-therapy