House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

Water Pressure

Does anyone know if installing a reduced flow shower head onto a shower unit would cause the pipes to blow when it's a gravity fed shower (I assume linked to the combi boiler)... the shower in the house has such ridiculous power that some of the 'dimples' have popped off so I get a water-cannon like blast from 5 of the holes which can be darn pleasurable/painful (!!!) if it hits certain pokey out parts!!

What's the deal :)

Unlikely to be a gravity shower. These are characterised by a feeble, trickle flow even with a (now banned) extra high flow head.

Combi boilers provide mains pressure hot water and use of a flow restrictor is almost always needed. You are unlikely to do any harm by installing such a restrictor.

It'll be at its highest pressure when the shower is turned off, so shouldn't be a problem unless it's particularly feeble between the tap and the shower head.

Unlikely to be a gravity shower. These are characterised by a feeble, trickle flow even with a (now banned) extra high flow head.

Combi boilers provide mains pressure hot water and use of a flow restrictor is almost always needed. You are unlikely to do any harm by installing such a restrictor.

cheers for the replies - is the restrictor like a nut that just pops in the shower head/tube (I think i have seen them for sale online)?

Surely showers have a header tank and a pump!

Surely showers have a header tank and a pump!

Just checked on B&Q's website and they say all models do except the German ones...

XYY

Just checked on B&Q's website and they say all models do except the German ones...

XYY

I wouldn't buy one of those! Zyklon-B is hard to find on the Internet! :blink:

I congratulate you sir, on being the "brother I never wanted" more than once! :blink:;)

I wouldn't buy one of those! Zyklon-B is hard to find on the Internet! :blink:

I congratulate you sir, on being the "brother I never wanted" more than once! :blink:;)

Cheers our kid...!

:)

XYY