House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

Special Powers

I can judge books by their covers.

I can also judge within seconds of glimpsing a film playing on TV, whether or not I like it. Somehow the combination of lighting, music, framing, the appearance of the actors, the sound of their voices, lets me immediately know if I will enjoy it, and my opinion does not change an iota (ok, max one iota) during through further watching (or if i don't watch it and later zap back to it, my negative opinion will be exactly the same as previously)

I can also identify the genre of TV shows within microseconds of seeing them (soap, melodrama, cop show, comedy etc) but I imagine everyone can do that.

I am a mutant. The future is mine.

I read incredibly quickly, pretty much a whole page at a glance.

I have been given and then handed back long printed emails to people to be met with the question "Are you not going to read it?", my reply being "I just have, ask me anything about it".

Um, and I am never defeated by tongue twisters, "red lorry yellow lorry" as fast as you like, no problem.

Though I have never felt it worth putting either on my CV B)

That's interesting. Are you good at languages? Reading out loud? Instantly repeating/speaking/echoing/chanting what is being said?

I'm no good at languages, at all! (and I have tried).

Reading out load / repeating yes. I consciously use a "front" area of my brain for that as I do for tongue twisters, so I don't just say them as I would normally do and speed them up but develop a speech loop that just runs until people get bored at my not making a mistake. That's the best way that I can describe it.

I can sense when a domestic chore needs to be done, and fall into a deep sleep from which I cannot be woken.

That sounds similar to my "do it extremely slowly and quite poorly until it gets taken off me as it's so painful to watch" stratagem.

Oh, and I can see in infra-red.

Well, to be pedantic I can't actually do this, but a trip to Boots and I am confident that I will be able to.

Could you get 'Terminator vision' by changing your DIET? Lesser-known Vitamin A2 develops infrared sight, study claims
  • Science for the Masses raised $4,000 (£2,400) from public to fund study
  • They replaced Vitamin A1 in the diet and replacing it with Vitamin A2
  • The supplement causes body to increase its production of porphyropsin
  • This is the protein complex that grants near infrared (NIR) vision to fish
  • After several weeks, volunteers saw spikes in vision to 950 nanometres
  • Infrared falls between about 800nm to 2500nm on the electromagnetic spectrum, meaning the volunteers could pick up some heat signatures

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2734533/Could-Terminator-vision-changing-DIET-Lesser-known-Vitamin-A2-develops-infrared-sight-study-claims.html

A friend of mine can recognise faces with a large time gap. Show him a school photo of someone famous and he can tell you who it is or conversely he will recognise people he hasn't seen for decades.

I can also judge within seconds of glimpsing a film playing on TV, whether or not I like it. Somehow the combination of lighting, music, framing, the appearance of the actors, the sound of their voices, lets me immediately know if I will enjoy it, and my opinion does not change an iota (ok, max one iota) during through further watching (or if i don't watch it and later zap back to it, my negative opinion will be exactly the same as previously)

You think suffering extreme confirmation bias is a special power? :D

I used to have a superhuman propensity to pass the breathalyser test even when absolutely sloshed. No idea if I still do.

So basically, it takes a very small amount of alcohol to get you drunk.

I used to have a superhuman propensity to pass the breathalyser test even when absolutely sloshed. No idea if I still do.

Me too.

4 pints of normal strength beer and I blow .08 on the breathalyser (after writing my car off in a no fault accident) not feeling at all under the influence btw.

In my immature reckless days i recall getting absolutely trollied at Christmas and a police line coming out of town doing spot checks on everybody. So drunk in fact my mates phoned a taxi in readiness before I staggered out the car to provide a sample and I blew a green and was told I could go. Said mates were stunned when I got back in the car.

My special power is that I can fly like a bird (of prey). A truly magical experience that will never tire esp. thermalling to cloud base and occasionally soaring above the clouds. Granted my feathers are a rather colourful nylon material but the feelings the same.

I am a Zen master of cunnilingus.XYY

I can suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

Me too.

4 pints of normal strength beer and I blow .08 on the breathalyser (after writing my car off in a no fault accident) not feeling at all under the influence btw.

In my immature reckless days i recall getting absolutely trollied at Christmas and a police line coming out of town doing spot checks on everybody. So drunk in fact my mates phoned a taxi in readiness before I staggered out the car to provide a sample and I blew a green and was told I could go. Said mates were stunned when I got back in the car.

My special power is that I can fly like a bird (of prey). A truly magical experience that will never tire esp. thermalling to cloud base and occasionally soaring above the clouds. Granted my feathers are a rather colourful nylon material but the feelings the same.

How did you pull off that one Worshipful Arch-Mason? :blink:

Keep that to yourself Batty - That much sucking power is illegal come September 1st...

;)

XYY

Then you are welcome to our Harvest Festival! This year I am qualified to pilot a larger piano, in the Gurt Clodney grand piano trebuchet challenge! I've taken the lid off and have painted flames on the side! An 88 key hot rod! Last year I piloted a Yamaha, but came second, which I believe ladies like quite a lot! Then we have the Bavarian double-D ladies' accordian band, and some trapeze riding Lesbians! And the nipple painting competition for the girls under twelve! It's a pile of fun for the filthy minded, and drunk!

How did you pull off that one Worshipful Arch-Mason? :blink:

No funny handshakes or black magic involved. I've mentioned this on here before, in summary I was stationary and thought myself out of the way until an energetic 19 year old boy racer erratically steered around cars parked on double yellows and into my new car. My insurance company saw in my favour.

The low reading was put down on the reporr as having just used mouthwash (the policeman's words).

I can put myself in a deep trance and once managed an out of body experience.

I ca be almost scarily intuitive about other people.

On the other hand, I can struggle to operate a can opener.