House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buddleia

Trying To Convince Wannabe Ftb Right Now - Graph Needed!

Desperate haste,

Trying to pursuade a wannabe FTB right at this moment to back off from the UK property market. Took them to the HPC graph on front page ... but was told "I have no idea what that means" - and looking at it, indeed, the years are missing, and it's not that clear.

Can anyone point me to the graph (I've seen it plenty of times) showing inflation-adjusted HPs over time, with coloured fill-in showing best times to buy / sell? I checked on the graphs page, but couldn't find it.

Oops - they're coming back from the bog - better ALT-TAB away for the mo' ...

Desperate haste,

Trying to pursuade a wannabe FTB right at this moment to back off from the UK property market. Took them to the HPC graph on front page ... but was told "I have no idea what that means" - and looking at it, indeed, the years are missing, and it's not that clear.

Can anyone point me to the graph (I've seen it plenty of times) showing inflation-adjusted HPs over time, with coloured fill-in showing best times to buy / sell? I checked on the graphs page, but couldn't find it.

Oops - they're coming back from the bog - better ALT-TAB away for the mo' ...

I think you are talking about on of Risers charts. Why dont you PM him?

Too late ... lost my point. Apparently "The Economy is booming, and will remain so forever" (this is Ireland we are talking about) and "the population is set to double in the next 10 years".

Still, would love to have the graph handy if anyone can point it to me.

I guess there will be another forced seller in a several months then! Hopefully, these "i gonna buy but can't really afford it" bunch, will delay there purchase until mid spring - hopefully, there will be more signs by that point!

Data from: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/

There you go Buddleia!

Edited by Jason

I guess there will be another forced seller in a several months then! Hopefully, these "i gonna buy but can't really afford it" bunch, will delay there purchase until mid spring - hopefully, there will be more signs by that point!

Data from: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/

There you go Buddleia!

Cheers Jason!

It was a lost cause anyway - the FTB'er had a mind-set thicker than porridge.