House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

Ice Bucket Challenge

Attention seeking and generally tiresome.

Aye, spot-on observation there handles.

The only bucket challenge that I'll be taking part in...

kfc-bucket.jpg

;)

XYY

It's sweeping the nation. I can hear the bleating. TPTB must look at this sort of thing and think: they are so easy to manipulate.

My Facebook timeline is just stuffed with these things, all crap. This is the first remotely funny one I've seen.

I'm inaugurating the Bucket-of-Shit Challenge.

Nominations, please......

Are you up for the Gurt Clodney piano trebuchet prize?

I've heard about this, it's a viral event with the social internet networks. We had the happy slapping, the summer riots, the arab spring, gangnam style videos, twerking and now this.

And we thought the Japanese were doing crazy stuff on TV twenty years ago. These low interest rates are turning us into crazies for our 15 minutes of internet fame.

---

Social Network Viral Sharing Events
Chain Letters 1935
Happy Slapping 2004
Farm Ville 2012
Buzzfeed quiz 2012
Gangnam style 2012
Candy Crush 2013
Twerking 2013
Vines 2013
Ice Bucket Challenge 2014

I'm inaugurating the Bucket-of-Shit Challenge.

Nominations, please......

That's really funny. I was just thinking about replying with the Shite Bucket Challenge. I'm not going first, though. ;)

I've heard about this, it's a viral event with the social internet networks. We had the happy slapping, the summer riots, the arab spring, gangnam style videos, twerking and now this.

And we thought the Japanese were doing crazy stuff on TV twenty years ago. These low interest rates are turning us into crazies for our 15 minutes of internet fame.

---

Chain Letters 1935
Happy Slapping 2004
Farm Ville 2012
Buzzfeed quiz 2012
Gangnam style 2012
Candy Crush 2013
Twerking 2013
Vines 2013

Don't forget the "naked" selfie (i.e. no make up) 2014 that also clogged up social networks. It is amazing how the majority of humans are desperate to belong. I'd love to know what it is in me, and I imagine most posters on this site, that makes us completely the opposite when it comes to such sheeple challenges

There you go, only heard of it yesterday with that eye-sandpapering video that started the thread and we already have the first death linked to it.

Please can we ban buckets of ice immediately, I am writing to my MP etc. etc. etc.

Cameron Lancaster, 18, disappeared under water at Prestonhill Quarry in Inverkeithing, Fife, on Sunday.

Emergency services searched the disused quarry just before 5pm and recovered his body some four hours later.

Police are looking into whether the tragedy is linked to the popular online craze where people pour ice water over themselves for charity.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/396229/Cameron-Lancaster-drowns-ice-bucket-challenge

---

Chain Letters 1935
Happy Slapping 2004
Farm Ville 2012
Buzzfeed quiz 2012
Gangnam style 2012
Candy Crush 2013
Twerking 2013
Vines 2013

Mooning was big in the 80s. :o