House Price Crash Forum
apom

Can I Just Say Something

We have bene waiting for the crash for years..

Known that it is on its way.. but when..

then we hit a time where most reports are showing small drops..

Our eyes show us that prices around us are dropping..

New build flats are discounting..

and the VI spin rev's up..

and convinces a good number of us.

so buck your ideas up.

If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck..

chances are.. its a duck.

so buck your ideas up.

If it looks like a slapper

Talks like a slapper

And acts like a slapper

It`s probably the wife :(

Limpet

so buck your ideas up.

Don't worry apom. The crash will happen. It takes time.

Remember, two years from peak, just like the last crash... I expect it to be in full swing autumn 2006.

Remember, if the halifax + nationwide went negative YoY, there would be nothing the bulls can cling to anymore. Unfortunately, they will spin and spin and spin and spin and spin and spin, when it looks like abating, they will spin some more...

:rolleyes:

i think we need a trigger..................................but in a low inflation environment where the value of the debt isn't falling in real terms......that trigger going off at any time in the next 7 or 8 years.........will send the whole thing t*ts up!...............so patience is the order of the day...

i think we need a trigger..................................but in a low inflation environment where the value of the debt isn't falling in real terms......that trigger going off at any time in the next 7 or 8 years.........will send the whole thing t*ts up!...............so patience is the order of the day...

see the pinned thread re landlord regs coming in next year............. you want a trigger ???!

so buck your ideas up.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

- Mahatma Gandhi

there are four stages I reckon we are at stage three :D

Any talking of Gandi andybody know what he's doing now.....he made one good film and has never been heard of since :ph34r:

Edited by Catch22

Patience is a virtue - but 7 or 8 years of hoping and praying. And what happens if the average house goes up from £180K (or so) to £250K?

At least you are being MORE realistic than those that claimed the crash would have already happened.

I actually hope that your right. It would work out perfectly for me and perhaps everyone would be a winner - including btl landlords of multiple properties.

so patience is the order of the day...

Definitely. In my area of Warwickshire, I think that prices ceased to become rational around 2002. That's really only about 3 years ago.

After a year of a "plateau", it may well take another 3 years to get back to where we were.

I don't think anyone should worry, especially about those ridiculous Halifax figures.

'A watched kettle never boils' as my Grandmother used to say......

By that I mean stop waiting for the crash to happen and get on with your lives. It will happen as surely as dawn follows night. Meanwhile rent cheaply and happily and look at better places to invest your money.

'A watched kettle never boils' as my Grandmother used to say......

By that I mean stop waiting for the crash to happen and get on with your lives. It will happen as surely as dawn follows night. Meanwhile rent cheaply and happily and look at better places to invest your money.

I'd love to rent cheaply, but I live in London! ;)

There is NO PAIN in waiting.

I would be happy for this situation to go on FOREVER...

+ Renting is cheap,

+ My capital is working elsewhere, earning FAR MORE in Gold and my investing activities.

Wealth is increasing, as property stagnates.

NO PAIN, and plenty of gain. As an STR, I love this market situation

= =

GOLD has beat the everyliving cr@p out of property,

and the Sad-and-blind BTL bastards still think they are winning

i noticed sovereign prices took a bit to adjust on ebay, but lately acceptance has kicked in and halfs you cant find under 40 pounds now and full under 75 pounds.

to me thats still a bargain as the scrap value is very little under this.

ie i could hit my sovereigns with a hammer, throw them in a pot and melt them a bit, hammer a rusty nail through the middle and still get just 5 pounds less each for them with no ebay fees to pay by shoving in a jiffy bag and posted to a dealer.

i think the buyers are realising that now, a fair price for a common date is creeping towards the 80 pound mark,

got mines for 60-65 and paid no more than 32 for my halfs.

i can see sovereigns being no less than 100 each soon as everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon

i noticed sovereign prices took a bit to adjust on ebay, but lately acceptance has kicked in and halfs you cant find under 40 pounds now and full under 75 pounds.

to me thats still a bargain as the scrap value is very little under this.

ie i could hit my sovereigns with a hammer, throw them in a pot and melt them a bit, hammer a rusty nail through the middle and still get just 5 pounds less each for them with no ebay fees to pay by shoving in a jiffy bag and posted to a dealer.

i think the buyers are realising that now, a fair price for a common date is creeping towards the 80 pound mark,

got mines for 60-65 and paid no more than 32 for my halfs.

i can see sovereigns being no less than 100 each soon as everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon

So how much do you reckon my 1902 half sovereign is worth.

I haven't worn it for 10 years or so but i'm keeping it just in case it's worth something in the future. Or should I just melt it down :huh: