House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

A Police State?

the DOT sent a letter stating that pedestrians without wristbands can't be stopped from going into the fenced off area.

This is what happened.

""

Anybody who's proud of Manchester deserves all they get...!

;)

XYY

I mistakenly went to a "poof bar" there once, and God gave me a fine punishing! :huh:

Sarah Bell, you owe me 10 minutes and 32 seconds of my life.

Aye. But it was marginally less tedious than last night's Doctor Who...

XYY

the DOT sent a letter stating that pedestrians without wristbands can't be stopped from going into the fenced off area.

This is what happened.

Several points occur: Yes, we live in a police state. But only with our consent. Plod seem all to be junior and probably specials (possibly in more ways than one). So no informed help there. Was planning permission obtained and of so, it's the council at fault.

What would happen to anyone that tried to force a way past?

it does seem strange that any private organization can fence off public highways and charge people (including residents) to enter.

Why? Circuses and the like do this with Council permission. The authority to hold such events isn't handed out to just anybody.

Residents are always taken into account.

In Helston certain houses come with a requirement that you allow all the dancers to dance through it on Flora day.

I suppose one awkward householder could just lock their door but they don't.

Certain temporary restrictions have always happened and are for the benefit of most people.