House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1929crash

Tories Plan To Criminalise Withholding Money From The Missus

Teresa May is planning to bang up men who psychologically dominate their wives without any violence, the Telegraph reveals.

This could take many forms, including not giving the wife enough money. what if she's doing the breadwinning? Or is this another one of thiosoe gender-unequal law proposals?

HUSBANDS who keep their wives downtrodden could face prison under new plans set out by the Government today.

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, published proposals for a new offence of “domestic abuse” designed to criminalise men who bully, cause psychological harm or deny money to their partners.

The law would make the worst cases of non-violent “controlling behaviour” a jailable offence.

Exact terms of the offence are yet to be defined, but it could involve humiliating, frightening or intimidating a partner, keeping them away from friends or family or restricting their access to money.

Looks to be a deliberate attack on men, to be honest. More demonisation. Just what you would expect of the ongoing war against men and masculinity.

The law would make the worst cases of non-violent controlling behaviour a jailable offence.

I expect a lot of women would fall foul of that. Unless it only applies to men.

Indeed. Non-violent abuse of husbands is so well-established as to have its own name and tradition:

LIT158.pvw.jpg

In practice I expect very few juries would convict anyone, of either sex.

Even if it applied equally, do you suppose for a minute that sentencing would not follow a gender bias?

The government really shouldn't interfere in people's private arrangements. Look at this article - is he being set up, or is she genuine?

The other day I told my husband, “I want you to take my credit card,” and then grimaced with a sudden pang of self-awareness. He looked at me like I’d just sprouted a second head in the likeness of Phyllis Schlafly. There I was, an avowed feminist, suggesting that my husband should manage my finances for me.

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/18/i_asked_my_husband_to_take_away_my_credit_card/

No, I know exactly what they are doing here - criminalizing what they term as people who are controlling.

Now, the fact is that most in society are naturally leaders or the lead. This is a clique perceiving that this is wrong and they want to rebalance by imprisoning the leader types.

Of course, it wont apply to the elite, who are exempt and having wannabe elites imprisoned gives said elites a bigger barrier to entry.

The government really shouldn't interfere in people's private arrangements. Look at this article - is he being set up, or is she genuine?

From your quote ...

If she has a problem with addictive spending and a bit of self-awareness, she might have been struggling with herself to do exactly the right thing.

Completely unworkable. Prisons full, unlikely to be any proof (not that that has stopped 'paedos' being convicted), etc, etc. Additionally, just as many women as men are likely to do this.

I would like to see more men use these laws against the system. I'd especially encourage every man to check up on their girlfriend/wife under the 'Clare's Law' arrangements.

Completely unworkable. Prisons full, unlikely to be any proof (not that that has stopped 'paedos' being convicted), etc, etc. Additionally, just as many women as men are likely to do this.

I would like to see more men use these laws against the system. I'd especially encourage every man to check up on their girlfriend/wife under the 'Clare's Law' arrangements.

They won't use prison anymore than they do for not paying maintenance (as they used to). They will just have the money taken from your pay packet directly as they do nowadays. Indeed this sound like pre-emptive spousal maintenance.

The driving force could well be the legal profession who have realized that the falling marriage rate is going to stop their gravy train

Don't marry.....

Once upon a time, a government took action to deal with men spending all their money in the pub and giving their lass next to nowt. That solution was to pay the woman child benefit.

Now a government is making it criminal behaviour to keep a woman short. The solution perhaps to ending the payment of child benefit...?

Ooh, my cynical engines are at warp nine tonight...!

:)

XYY

They won't use prison anymore than they do for not paying maintenance (as they used to). They will just have the money taken from your pay packet directly as they do nowadays. Indeed this sound like pre-emptive spousal maintenance.

The driving force could well be the legal profession who have realized that the falling marriage rate is going to stop their gravy train

Don't marry.....

I have found a motorcycle a lot more reliable!

I have found a motorcycle a lot more reliable!

I've met a lot of 30 something women who complain endlessly about men and their lack of commitment. They just don't get it...

My partners daughters last boyfriend was only a few years younger than me and quite well off, but then he had already been taken to the cleaners by a cheating wife. It was obvious to me that she was on a hiding to nothing in the sense that there was no way he was going to repeat his mistake. She stuck with it for years though...