House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Swansea Ea Anecdotal

Just popped into an EA in Swansea, two very bored looking EAs present, and I made the comment that Swansea prices were now Berkshire prices.

The reply I got was honest and long. They admitted that prices were ridiculous, that some had gone up by 100K in one year alone with many doubling, tripling and even quadrupling in a few years, that no one could buy now and that the market was dead.

Admitted that IRs are on the rise, that sellers have high prices stuck in their minds and do not realise the current stake of the market, admitted that prices were falling and were going to continue to fall, admitted that there was a bubble and that it could well soon burst, said that a crash would be good for the market as people could start buying again, commented that the only losers would be those who over-extended themselves in recent years and commented on how there were already 10,000 repossessions this year with it probably doubling next year.

All of that from simply stating that I felt Swansea prices were as high as in Berkshire!