House Price Crash Forum

IIRC, al Jabeeba rarely report on the RM Index, whether it's up or down. Given how confusing the index is to the vast majority of the public (it's not seasonally adjusted, unlike all the other indices it's not actually measuring anything that has sold and it's initial APs of new listings rather than all properties), that's probably not a bad thing overall IMO.

Ypur don't recall correctly IIRC

Happy to be proven wrong. I can find one mention of the national RM index on the BBC news website since the start of 2014 (there's a couple of regional reports and a mention for the RM share price too). I don't think they report on the Land Reg much either.

I do remember the BBC reporting exceptional asking price rises on the RM index in years gone by. And by exceptional I mean smaller than the fall there has been in London in the last month.

But I agree that the RM index is a complete waste of time, and that the BBC are guilty of extremely uneven reporting.

Happy to be proven wrong. I can find one mention of the national RM index on the BBC news website since the start of 2014 (there's a couple of regional reports and a mention for the RM share price too). I don't think they report on the Land Reg much either.

eh??

Property asking prices reached a record high of nearly £256,000 in March, according to the website Rightmove.

And this is ALL over the BBC news. F*****s.

The BBC love reporting Rightmove records. Well some of them anyway. They are manipulating parasitical scumbags. Period.

The BBC are an absolute disgrace, one-sided reporting, political correct put before the truth etc. Just remember you don't need to pay your TV licence fee if you don't watch live TV.

Reread my post. I said the BBC had only reported on it once so far this year - that is the time from your link. It has actually reached several record highs in 2014.

HOME ASKING PRICES RISE10:30:

In the capital, house sellers' asking prices had a 16.3% year-on-year increase, compared with a 4.9% in the rest of the country, according to property website Rightmove.

Across the UK house sellers' asking prices rose by 8.9% in the year to May, meaning the average property is on sale at a new record high of £272,003.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-27465917

May 17 2014 , that'll be twice then. :)

You're posting links from the business feed, rather than full articles (which they haven't written for those dates) . They also reported yesterday's fall on their business feed if you check.

I am not saying the BBC is neutral on the subject of house prices - far from it. I am saying that they don't always report on the RM index.