House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Cameron Debt And Deficit Bad For The Economy

Just seen Cameron on bbc news this morning stating they've turned the economy around and that debt and deficit was bad for families! !! We are so lucky to have a government that has responsible managed a £100bn + deficit for several years. Just think what it would have been like with an irresponsible government.

I think Cameron will be voting for Labour at the next election.

Who'd want to be in charge and take the blame for what is going on. I say we all vote for Labour, let them face their own music.

Just in time for the election the Tories have managed to concoct themselves another patriotic war to stand in front of. Always good for spending. Not that Osborne ever needed much of an excuse.

Tories. "Bringing families together"TM

In poverty, ill-health and at the foodbank.

Problem families creating jobs......why is it always, by putting so much money into a problem will solve it, money alone won't solve it? ;)

I think Cameron will be voting for Labour at the next election.

Who'd want to be in charge and take the blame for what is going on. I say we all vote for Labour, let them face their own music.

Its quite surreal when you ask people about the tories and economic policy, and they seem to think they've turned things around. When you ask them 'how' they've turned things around, they fall silent.

Have they 're-balanced' the economy towards exports? Nope, record trade deficits.

Have they moved from being dependent on HPI to goose the GDP figures. Nope.

Have they managed to get deficit spending down to even normal levels? (themselves unsustainable) Nope.

Have they managed to find a way round the mass unemployment vs falling living standards caused by financial repression. Nope. wages in freefall.

The tories were just lucky that most of the falls in the stock market and housing happened between 2008-2010. Not a single bit of their economic policy is different to labours policies of the preceding 10 years. Nothing.

I went into a town centre pub this morning for a breakfast at around 11am. I was the only one in. I said to the girl behind the bar "You are quiet today" she replied "Nobody has got any money". Is £3.38 for a breakfast with fruit juice a measure of wealth these days?

Edited by Democorruptcy

So if Debt is bad, why did he do this back in 2011?;

Cameron rewrites conference speech to remove credit card pay-off call

We were never trying to urge people to pay their credit card bills tomorrow, Downing Street say

David Cameron has hastily rewritten his conference speech to remove any suggestion that he is either urging or instructing the public to pay off their credit card bills – a move that could dampen consumer demand and worsen the recession.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/oct/05/cameron-speech-rewritten-credit-card-call

Also if getting into debt is such a bad thing why create Help to Buy?, which is enabling people to take on more debt than even the banks would have been happy to offer without a state guarantee.

So debt is bad but the Government will ensure that your access to vast amounts of mortgage debt is not hindered by such trivia as your ability to raise the deposit required to obtain that debt?

What a joke.

I went into a town centre pub this morning for a breakfast at around 11am. I was the only one in. I said to the girl behind the bar "You are quiet today" she replied "Nobody has got any money". Is £3.38 for a breakfast with fruit juice a measure of wealth these days?

No but going into a pub at 11am on a weekday is. You… you.. you…… renter !

Why don't you load yourself up on debt you cant repay like everyone else?

I went to the pub for brekkie the other day and the girl behind the bar said "do you want tea or orange juice dude"

Whats wrong with "sir". This isn't some stoner hut in California, its a wetherspoons type place. Needless to say, I wont be going back.

osborne2.jpg

To be fair, 'studying' economics is probably more of a handicap than anything...

Actually being able to add up and run a business might be useful...a few years under the tutelage of Paul Krugman or Milton Friedbrain, not so much.