House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

For The Southpaws!

In a supermarket far far away in a town that God forgot, I bought some groceries! Before the days of PIN numbers I had to sign the receipt! And I am a left hander, and the checkout lady made a comment! Well there are quite a few left-handers!

She said left-handed men had different wired brains, and were kinder! No real bastards there! :blink:

This wasn't very scientific, but...

Is anyone here a Southpaw compleat bar steward?

We could tell you but we would have to kill you. You claimed to be a rightie in another thread. We have our eye on you.

It's an interesting question because about 80% of my best male friends are left-handers!

Ambidextrous. I can't do things with both hands, but some things I do left-handed, others right-handed.

Likewise! I am left hander for guitar and archery, and right handed for darts, and snooker!

Left for everything other than eating with a knife and fork - my mother insisted I did this the 'proper' way...!

Not sure why she thought this was so important. I asked and she gave me some cack about it being better at social events where people were eating. Not sure of her logic as it's a dead giveaway when I'm using only a fork or spoon as they're always held in my left mitt. Go figure mother logic...

XYY

I'm left handed for some things and right for others. I broke by right wrist before 'O' Levels and taught myself to write left handed too. And play table tennis and badminton with my left hand when hitherto these had been right handed games.

I write and use screwdrivers left-handed but use scissors/wire cutters and the computer mouse etc with my right hand and am right footed at football. :huh:

I'm left handed for some things and right for others. I broke by right wrist before 'O' Levels and taught myself to write left handed too. And play table tennis and badminton with my left hand when hitherto these had been right handed games.

You appear to be a woman! What do you think Miss Bossy? I've heard this "hypothesis" several times from different women! They like left-handed men! Because they think the brain is "wired differently", and are kinder!

Left-handed for most things but use my right for golf (got some clubs for free) computer mouse (was always too lazy to plug it in the other side on the uni computers). I also use right-handed tools (scissors, etc) - does that make us lefties unbalanced or am I just a lazy skin flint?

You're not a southpaw Mr pin. You are merely sinister. I, on the other hand (ooohhh, I'll get me coat) am a true southpaw. I lead with my right hand when boxing, and shoot rifles and bows from the wrong side, but I am right-handed.

You left-handed guitarists should stick to the ukelele !

Son is left handed butuses a mouse as a right hander would.

His handwriting is awful.

My dad was left handed and suffered a lot at school because they wanted him to write with his right hand.

Left footed, right handed. Consistently regarded as the perfect combination as one side of my body isn't dominant, and I don't have to deal with the inconvenience of being sinister.

Same here. Clearly the most superior combination.

I'm left handed.

Oddly enough, 4 out of 5 of my immediate family are left handed. :)

Whereas my left handed mother uses her right hand to operate a computer mouse (as does a south paw work colleague), I use it with my left hand. But the buttons remain set up for a right handed person. So I use my middle finger to left click rather than 'normal' people using their index finger. :blink:

I'm left handed.

Whereas my left handed mother uses her right hand to operate a computer mouse (as does a south paw work colleague), I use it with my left hand. But the buttons remain set up for a right handed person. So I use my middle finger to left click rather than 'normal' people using their index finger. :blink:

I'm left handed.

But you can't choose your family! The thing I am saying is saying is most of my best friends are left-handers! Why is that?

I think it's time that we 'cuddie-whiffters'* started to use outlets such as hpcuk to publicise the positive sides of sinistry in order to educate the right-handed majority.

To achieve this aim, we should use easily remembered phrases and 'sound-bites' to promote our common goals, and place them firmly in the mind of the average 'righty'.

I'll set the ball away with my pithy contribution to the cause.

Your lass particularly enjoys being shagged on what's normally your side of the bed while you're on nightshift righty...!

XYY and The Sinister Party - we stand up for your left rights...

EDIT: * 'cuddie-whiffters' is a weird north-east phrase for left-handedness.

Left for everything other than eating with a knife and fork - my mother insisted I did this the 'proper' way...!

Not sure why she thought this was so important. I asked and she gave me some cack about it being better at social events where people were eating. Not sure of her logic as it's a dead giveaway when I'm using only a fork or spoon as they're always held in my left mitt. Go figure mother logic...XYY

This is exactly the case for me too. These days I own a left handed tin opener, scissors and even a left handed ruler. Still haven't bought left handed underwear though.

This is exactly the case for me too. These days I own a left handed tin opener, scissors and even a left handed ruler. Still haven't bought left handed underwear though.

Our mams must be 'of a certain age' blobby...!

Ironically, my younger sister - who always sat opposite me on the family table - must of mirrored her knife and fork use on me.

Thus she is a complete 'righty', and yet eats with a knife and fork in a left-handed style.

Guess this goes to show just how inter-bred we are in here in south-east Durham...! ;)

XYY

Likewise! I am left hander for guitar and archery, and right handed for darts, and snooker!

I imagine it depends whether you are operated by the left or the right hand and therefore which one of your arms is a thumb.

In a supermarket far far away in a town that God forgot, I bought some groceries! Before the days of PIN numbers I had to sign the receipt! And I am a left hander, and the checkout lady made a comment! Well there are quite a few left-handers!

She said left-handed men had different wired brains, and were kinder! No real bastards there! :blink:

This wasn't very scientific, but...

Is anyone here a Southpaw compleat bar steward?

Do you use left-handed checkouts?

You appear to be a woman! What do you think Miss Bossy? I've heard this "hypothesis" several times from different women! They like left-handed men! Because they think the brain is "wired differently", and are kinder!

Never heard of it, Mr P - I did have a friend in my teens who was lefthanded but he was forced to use his right at school and as a result was uptight and repressed.