House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Else Noticed?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I've noticed that 1 litre juice cartons are now 750ml. They make them the same hight as the 1 litre containers but slightly narrower and don't fill them quite as much so at a glance you'd think they're the same size.

When Innocent Smoothies did this a while back I am sure the product disappeared from the supermarket shelves for a week or two. ****ers.

HOLA445

When Innocent Smoothies did this a while back I am sure the product disappeared from the supermarket shelves for a week or two. ****ers.

I've seen Pepsi in quite a few places, 1.5l with 33% extra "free" to make up a 2l bottle. What's the betting that 1.5l will be the new normal....

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Not just food and drinks also cosmetics, shampoos, anything and everything........it all costs a pound but the pound becomes an ounce.....bottles and packages becoming lighter and smaller.........contact the company and they tell you their customers prefer the smaller sizes.....you couldn't make it up. ;)

HOLA4411

I've seen Pepsi in quite a few places, 1.5l with 33% extra "free" to make up a 2l bottle. What's the betting that 1.5l will be the new normal....

The funniest product is Heinz ketchup. My local Tusko has it in bottles of about a dozen different sizes in small increments (glass and squeezy), with silly discounts on given sizes from one week to the next. Perhaps they use it to fine tune their rip-off-the-customer algorithms.

HOLA4412

I've responded to the smaller juice and smoothie bottles by not buying them. I've realised that they are not necessary to our diet. We used to get through about 6 litres a week but now consume only 1 litre. Saves me a packet as well.

Coca cola? Pointless, unecessary product.

HOLA4413

I never drink the stuff. But what a swizz.

I drink it sometimes, but it's not part of my five a day, like gin, lager, and kebabs are! :o

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I've responded to the smaller juice and smoothie bottles by not buying them. I've realised that they are not necessary to our diet. We used to get through about 6 litres a week but now consume only 1 litre. Saves me a packet as well.

Coca cola? Pointless, unecessary product.

How good are packaged smoothies for us anyway? A pulverised fruit starts its programmed decay within minutes. Something that's been sitting in the refrigerated aisle for a week (since its journey from Wolverhampton or wherever) will lack natural chemical goodness.

HOLA4418

Not just food and drinks also cosmetics, shampoos, anything and everything........it all costs a pound but the pound becomes an ounce.....bottles and packages becoming lighter and smaller.........contact the company and they tell you their customers prefer the smaller sizes.....you couldn't make it up. ;)

Winkie, that's ********. 2 litres of pop is a fundamental truth. It is an absolute. It cannot be changed.The world will topple from its axis.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Yes, you are right. I probably drank a carton a week at the time. When they returned, I could instantly tell something had changed - but I wasn't sure what. I looked all around the carton and finally found 750ml in small writing in an obscure location of the packaging.

I resolved then and there to kick the habit as I don't like outright dishonesty. I probably average less than one a year nowadays. My first smoothie this year was earlier this week, a mini-innocent bottle the missus had picked up discounted to 20p.

HOLA4422

Not too bothered about them gay drinks you lot are on about shrinking - this bottle of Newcy Brown I'm suppin' is still 550ml.

Well actually it's now empty - so I'd best get another one from the fridge...

;)

XYY

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Beer multipacks, beer vessels. 'Crates' should be 24 pints.

Can sizes;
568ml > 500ml
500ml > 440ml
500ml > 484ml
440ml > 330ml

Bottle sizes
660ml > 500ml
568ml > 550ml
568ml > 500ml
500ml > 375ml
375ml > 325ml
325ml > 275ml
275ml > 225ml
225ml > 175ml

"Crates" now known as 'packs'
24 > 20
20 > 18
18 > 15
15 > 12
12 > 10
10 > 8
8 > 6
6 > 4
4 > 3

Have been drinking with people and they have picked up a pack without realising the size of bottles/cans have shrunk, or the amount of bottles/cans in it, until after supping a few.

I'm sure some pubs are using smaller glasses too, have been meaning to go out with a measuring jug to expose the fraud.

HOLA4425

This is very true with cans and bottles of beer.....all variations of sizes, very confusing so best to work out price per litre, glass bottles can make it look you are getting more both in thickness of glass and weight, very often you get far less.

In regard to pubs and retail outlets that sell as a pint there are strict weights and measures to abide by, but some glasses are a pint up to the rim and others make allowences of a small gap above the pint line....make what you like about that, does it work in favour of the customer or the retailer?

Archived