House Price Crash Forum

Fake Mistakes To Get Social Media Coverage/free Advertising

DEATH

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I think the Downton Abbey one must have been deliberate. If not by the PR crew, certainly by a disgruntled Photoshop monkey tasked with touching up the image/putting the logos on etc who somehow didn't notice and fix.

It's basically unthinkable that someone wouldn't have noticed and fixed it before release. These images will have crawled over and examined to find the best from probably several dozen shots. Likely several people will have agonised over the exact placement and colour of the logos etc.

The other is perhaps naivety - but it also appears to have 3 balls.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I've certainly suspected that some mailing campaigns are deliberately designed to include some minor mistake so that you then receive a follow-up one later in the same day apologising and offering you a voucher.

I've just received perhaps the oddest piece of junk mail ever. Bizarre and for this forum, almost topical in a way. That US recession must be hitting harder than we'd thought.

coupons.jpg

HOLA449

Police_073c2f_2609572.jpg

Absolutely fugging amazing! I didn't think policemen had "helmets" any more! :blink::lol::lol:

I wouldn't feel safe in Hampshire if male plod routinely exposed themselves on the back of buses.

Still! Lady plod looks happy, but I bet she had to borrow a truncheon to smile like that! :blink:

HOLA4410

That didn't strike my mind at all - unless they've had their balls crushed. I was more intrigued that they would put a Waitrose on the tourist map. Is that where you buy the spunk?

If you think that looks like a *****, then virtually everything that isn't perfectly round in the world must look like a *****.

EDIT: Now the idea has been placed in my mind it is hard not to see a ***** now. I guess my mind is just not attuned to finding ***** shapes in the first place. But once a thought has been thought, it cannot be unthought....

You're right; it is quite hard.

HOLA4411

Absolutely fugging amazing! I didn't think policemen had "helmets" any more! :blink::lol::lol:

I wouldn't feel safe in Hampshire if male plod routinely exposed themselves on the back of buses.

Still! Lady plod looks happy, but I bet she had to borrow a truncheon to smile like that! :blink:

More filth from you, Mr Pin!

HOLA4412

That didn't strike my mind at all - unless they've had their balls crushed. I was more intrigued that they would put a Waitrose on the tourist map. Is that where you buy the spunk?

If you think that looks like a *****, then virtually everything that isn't perfectly round in the world must look like a *****.

EDIT: Now the idea has been placed in my mind it is hard not to see a ***** now. I guess my mind is just not attuned to finding ***** shapes in the first place. But once a thought has been thought, it cannot be unthought....

I would think the Waitrose is on there because the leaflet is aimed at people on canal boat holidays.

I'm very suspicious of the funny Amazon product reviews.

HOLA4413

Are they doing this stuff on purpose now to get free advertising?

Almost certainly. Downton Abbey seems to survive on a monumental amount of hype; I've yet to meet anybody who actually watches it.

HOLA4414

More filth from you, Mr Pin!

My mind is untainted by filth, Mr Crash! For I am a Gentleman! I am giving up Synagogue, just for one Saturday, so I can go down down to the Protestant place, and clean the vicar's filthy organ, so he can show it in Church on Sunday! :blink:

Archived