Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

I Viewed This House 5 Years Ago...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44620591.html

13/08/2014
Price changed: from '£280,000' to '£265,000'
04/06/2014
Initial entry found.
Ask price price 5 years ago...£275K, dunno if it's sold between then and now.
What I think it was worth then....£160K.
I memory serves me right there is a dual carriage way just behind the back garden.
At least the mental asking price mania looks to have stopped and we are just back to 2007 asking prices and now 2007+20%
We are probably back at the point when the market will stop dead.

If you follow the M1 corridor north,virtually all the cities on it haven't had any of the boom that London has.Leicester,Nottingham,Derby,Sheffield,Leeds have all been flat for ten years.

If you follow the M1 corridor north,virtually all the cities on it haven't had any of the boom that London has.Leicester,Nottingham,Derby,Sheffield,Leeds have all been flat for ten years.

Milton Keynes prices are a bit mental now but they collapsed in 2008, so must be fuelled by the london mega bubble.

I've see no end of top end stuff in Northampton that's been unsellable for years go for silly money earlier in the year, again this has to have been fueled by the london mega bubble.

The london mega bubble has really distorted the market and priced out people who actually have to work for their money.

That's why I wont be voting tory every again.

I often get shot down for having the temerity to suggest that we are not in a boom in half of the country because it doesn't fit the bust scenario.

A boom is something that is happening, not something that happened ten years ago between 1999-2004. Houses are still too richly priced, but that is not a boom it is a result of something that happened years ago during Brown's tenure when he was presumably on a covert mission to destroy the UK economy and nearly succeeded. What else would lead someone to believe a tripling of property prices in ten years and doubling in four was sustainable unless he was indeed a lunatic.

Bradford, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow too........prices the same as 2004 period. That's a boom for anyone out of property in these areas but a bust for anybody sitting on property.

Edited by crashmonitor

I often get shot down for having the temerity to suggest that we are not in a boom in half of the country because it doesn't fit the bust scenario.

A boom is something that is happening, not something that happened ten years ago between 1999-2004. Houses are still too richly priced, but that is not a boom it is a result of something that happened years ago during Brown's tenure when he was presumably on a covert mission to destroy the UK economy and nearly succeeded. What else would lead someone to believe a tripling of property prices in ten years and doubling in four was sustainable unless he was indeed a lunatic.

Bradford, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow too........prices the same as 2004 period.

Problem is they still need to drop some for value to be in the market?

Bradford, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow too........prices the same as 2004 period.

That's a fair point....it's not a boom but it's not a bust neither.

Prices have been artificially held high near the boom prices

When I used to look at the LR graph for northants it was hardly believable it was basically an up then a down 20%, a small up then flat lined for 3 years. An impossible thing to achieve without massive market intervention ( and IMO sort of fraud by the bankers )

We need a new word for this new paradigm....BOST, or maybe BUOM.

Is there anything more depressing than living in a new build on 'Magnolia Close'.

Living in Magnolia close with a 200K mortgage and the road noise from the dual carriage way behind ?

( not to mention the power line pylons ) .

Being declined the slate on the white x5 mr and mrs bland have got at number 94?

I'm useless at these riddles. I have been trying to piece it together with the Welsh and slate thing but still coming up blank. I guess I am a bit fick.

Bradford, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow too........prices the same as 2004 period. That's a boom for anyone out of property in these areas but a bust for anybody sitting on property.

The 2007 normality price level again.

As you tell us about rare property for sale in same area, nearby you, on market for quarter million+ (actually lot more now I've just checked your post again).... in this so called crash 'non-boom area' world you try and project. A few inner city dives in Nottingham doesn't maket for a crash/value.

Ohh 2004 non-boom normal value/prices. Try 1974/84 on - except homeowners prefer the call to wipe out savers, than suffer that.

I note a small bungalow has just gone under offer a couple of doors down from where I live, the asking was 370k and it has been on for about a year. I do think this suggests the ripple is finally reaching the North Midlands. I didn't expect it to sell, but actually there isn't that much left for sale at the moment in my village near Nottingham.

I viewed this property on Rigthmoe and the sale fell though when advertised at 165K in February.

Then the agent put the price up to 175K in April and some utter imbecile snapped it up at full asking price.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44782310.html

It was to be sold exclusively to cash buyers, presumably the person who bought made easy money from pwopertee as anyone with the brains to work for that sum wouldnt be so financially retarded to lose that amount of cash.

Its 2007 plus 45% or plus 10% depending on which sale you take!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/BH31-7AB.html?backListLink=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DPOSTCODE%255E68865%26minPrice%3D150000%26maxPrice%3D200000%26minBedrooms%3D2%26radius%3D0.5

It's been dead for the past 5 years as far as I'm concerned. No real correction.

That's precisely what it is then. A real correction.

Adjust 2007 for 7 years RPI/CPI ( ( can't be arsed looking at the tables, but let's say 20-25% for arguments sakes).

I viewed this property on Rigthmoe and the sale fell though when advertised at 165K in February.

Then the agent put the price up to 175K in April and some utter imbecile snapped it up at full asking price.

It was to be sold exclusively to cash buyers, presumably the person who bought made easy money from pwopertee as anyone with the brains to work for that sum wouldnt be so financially retarded to lose that amount of cash.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/BH31-7AB.html?backListLink=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DPOSTCODE%255E68865%26minPrice%3D150000%26maxPrice%3D200000%26minBedrooms%3D2%26radius%3D0.5

Great sales pitch on Rightmove:

You will note from the floor plan there is not bathroom, this is because there currently isn't one.

:lol:

The next sentence is even better:

:lol:

Same Agency but a different location

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E471&insId=1&sortType=6&minPrice=210000&maxPrice=210000&displayPropertyType=houses&googleAnalyticsChannel=buying

"YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE YOUR LUCK. WE HAVE ANOTHER THREE BEDROOM PROPERTY WITH NO FORWARD CHAIN ON STRANDING STREET!"

Its this kind of luck that really should spell the end of HPC.

this is wrong in my area, ive seen 20+% price inflation since 2006-7 in one of those midland places you just named, and ive checked the land registry figures to see if the current asking prices are bull compared with 2006ish sale prices, and today property in this area are selling at 20+%. might be largely due to help-to-sell, cash-for-kerry katona's, buy-to-enslave the young or what ever debt fuled bs the 3party ww3 starting, nwo stealin from the poor to give to the rich terrorists are doing but even in the 2008-2012 great dip prices in my city stayed above 2006 prices, maybe the odd one selling for 2004ish asking price but they were in propa dumps filled with thiefts and unemployed criminals.

That's precisely what it is then. A real correction.

Adjust 2007 for 7 years RPI/CPI ( ( can't be arsed looking at the tables, but let's say 20-25% for arguments sakes).

And against seven years of wage inflation? Barely moved. If anything it's less affordable today than in 2007 since everything else costs so much more now.

this is wrong in my area, ive seen 20+% price inflation since 2006-7 in one of those midland places you just named, and ive checked the land registry figures to see if the current asking prices are bull compared with 2006ish sale prices, and today property in this area are selling at 20+%. might be largely due to help-to-sell, cash-for-kerry katona's, buy-to-enslave the young or what ever debt fuled bs the 3party ww3 starting, nwo stealin from the poor to give to the rich terrorists are doing but even in the 2008-2012 great dip prices in my city stayed above 2006 prices, maybe the odd one selling for 2004ish asking price but they were in propa dumps filled with thiefts and unemployed criminals.

Where are you?

this is wrong in my area, ive seen 20+% price inflation since 2006-7

In all honesty I'm seeing the same thing in Coventry. A house that sold in 2005 for 250k is on for an asking price of 350k. Looking at the photos on rightmove for both years they haven't even redecorated.

Anything below 150 is being gobbled up by btl'ers and getting a lick of paint to be back on rightmove for rent within the month. It's depressing.

In all honesty I'm seeing the same thing in Coventry. A house that sold in 2005 for 250k is on for an asking price of 350k. Looking at the photos on rightmove for both years they haven't even redecorated.

Anything below 150 is being gobbled up by btl'ers and getting a lick of paint to be back on rightmove for rent within the month. It's depressing.

Coventry was ranked 5th bottom in 2013 on the National ranking system by Nationwide at +2%. The fact that it has suddenly jumped in 2014 comes as no surprise. the last will become first and the first last. I may have tipped Coventry earlier this year...ripples have a tendency to get to work eventually and even out price discrepancies.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/~/media/nationwide.co.uk/pdf/hpi/Q4_2013.pdf

Yep I tipped Coventry on the 5th February....''I wouldn't be surprised if Coventry goes from bottom to top of the house price league table in 2014''

It was standing right in the path of the tsunami ....a bit of a no brainer really..................

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/196510-house-price-boom-to-last-a-decade/page-4

A lot of imbecile's out there, unfortunately.

I remember posting a bungalow, (thread title "isn't this illegal?" bought by a flipper for £114k, tarted up, then put back on at £190k (think it may have been a kite flying £220k at first)

Anyway, after a few months of nothing, I guess the flipper must have been getting worried, as he listed it privately on gumtree for £140k.

Nonetheless, some ejit pays £185k, rather than going direct to the seller and offering £140k (or less). £140k would be a fair price IMO. It was a bit of a state previously, and probably had £15-20k spent on it, giving the flipper a fair £5-10k profit. Instead they walk away with nearer £60k because some **** couldn't be bothered to check gumtree.

Moral of the story: Always check the classifieds for sellers going behind their Estate agent...you could save yourself £45k or more.

I despair though. Everyone I know just buys a house like they would a tin of beans. They just accept whatever the EA is asking as 'the market' and borrow to the hilt. It screws it up for the rest of us. Here's little old me with my graphs and historical prices trying to research what a fair price is, and there's them just happy to be debt slaves for all eternity.

Its the buyers who are the problem, not the sellers.