House Price Crash Forum

Buying Baby Clothes For An American Friend, From The Uk

JoeDavola

HOLA441

Mate who lives in America is having a baby soon and I want to buy her some baby clothes. Thought I'd be able to log onto an American site and ship it to her but use my UK payment details.

Seemingly not - tried BabyGap and a couple of others - has anyone here done something like this before? Seems a waste for me to physically send her baby stuff from the UK to the USA...

HOLA442
HOLA443

At the moment you can pick up some great bargains in-store at Sainsburys. Really cheap and good quality t-shirts, trousers, etc.

A friend of mine had a baby back in July and I bought some hand-knitted baby clothes that cost me a small fortune - to be frank, it was a big mistake as the baby is growing so fast that I doubt that he will ever wear them.

I have since gone to Sainsburys and have been amazed at the quality and price of their baby clothes - but I have learnt my lesson and now buy stuff for a baby from 6 to 9 months or 9 months to 12... as the child can then grow into them... so I bought a pile of t-shirts sized for a 12 month old for next summer.

They had bargains as such 3 quality t-shirts for £3. That kind of thing. You could stick them in a jiffy bag and post.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Also, it is often considered best not to buy the baby any clothes until after the baby is born just in case something goes wrong. You don't want clothing from you to arrive on their doorstep a few days after, God forbid, something having gone wrong.

Lots of people consider it unlucky to buy baby clothes prior to the birth.

HOLA447

Clothes ordered.

Yes I got the tip about not buying newborn clothes from a guy who I work with who has 3 of 'em!

As for the other point, here's hoping all goes well and such a thing doesn't happen.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

You're not likely to get the little fella these from the USA though.

Wrong team! What about the Magpies? Sunderland I was tought, were "red and white shite!" :blink: Except when they played a Southern team of course! :unsure:

Archived