House Price Crash Forum

Se5 - Good Value?

mrmagic

HOLA441
HOLA442

Sorry fella, they are all ex-local auth and therefore outside of mrmagic's parameters

but this one is in his parameters:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/34121661?search_identifier=0a69108c8a87f6d3b5fbc787612e4050

it is crazy, I wish it was different, and hopefully it will be in 6-12 months time once people realise that £400,000 is a huge amount of cash and hardly anything in london is worth what people are asking.

Unfortunately I think most of those ex-la listed above will be bought by BTL scum to rent out as you get a lot of rooms to make up the yield. Current victorian conversions just aren't cutting it any more for yield.

But

HOLA443

I am not sure that is necessarily true. Where I am, 2 bed flats are generally over £400k, which is stupid, but I'd still say that they represent better value than houses of the same size that might be £650k.

I realise that they are leasehold have neighbours above and can't be extended, but for a quarter of a million pound saving for the same amount of space, I'd probably still be more tempted with the flat than the house.

Everything is over-priced in this market, but sometimes flats don't represent quite such bad value.

HOLA444

I came across this flat in a Georgian property and i'm wondering if its good value for what it is considering it is surrounded by a lot of estates on streets nearby. Its situated at the north end of camberwell and its very close to walworth road and burgess park. I wonder if the regeneration of Elephant & Castle and the nearby Aylesbury estate might have a positive effect on its value in future.

What about Camberwell in general?

Has been discussed:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/170245-buying-in-se5-addington-square/?p=3291511