House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Robin Williams

He has been in a US TV show with Sarah Michelle Geller playing his daughter.

According to US gossip sites it was not doing that well, allegedly, and people had talked about it being possibly cancelled. Buf there is nearly always gossip about shows allegedly about to be cancelled.

Very funny man on screen.

He was brilliant, obviously, although his working of the same old routines into every bit of "spontaneous" improv got tiresome for me at least (viz. "I'm mellltttinggg!"). One of the last things I saw him in was as a depressed comic in Louie (S03E06), reminiscing about another bitter and depressed comic... seemed close to the bone at the time and I did wonder if he was as depressed as he seemed (in half-character).

Dead Poets Society was probably my favourite role of his.

Oh Captain, my Captain!

must say, Mrs loo told me it was Robbie Williams...therefore I was quite shocked at all the posts about the loss of this great talent.

Robin Williams, however, has been funny forever.

shaznat!

RIP.

rarely sad when people I don't know die (can only think of one other) but this has really hit me. Big part of my childhood and done some great 'serious' roles since then too.

Just shows you never really know what's making people tick. I knew he had mental health issues but suicide is a biggie

rarely sad when people I don't know die (can only think of one other) but this has really hit me. Big part of my childhood and done some great 'serious' roles since then too.

Just shows you never really know what's making people tick. I knew he had mental health issues but suicide is a biggie

I agree. It's shocking, but not surprising, in view of some of the issues he had.

RIP.

Or in stockings with an orange in his mouth like Stephen Miligan MP.

Thanks.. Another line I can add to the griefests on faceache!!

I know where you are coming from.

Shocked.

I don't really bat an eyelid when celebs or the such pop off but this has shocked me

I think every one genuinely liked Robin Williams who had a warmth and charisma that is unmatched