House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

Fairport Cropredy Convention - Anyone Go This Year?

Used to be quite a friendly festival! You could bring your kids and gran to that! Haven't been for a few years!

Lost interest in Fairport Convention after the key people left. They were magical with Ian Matthews, Judy Dyble, Sandy Denny and of course Richard Thompson. Couldn't relate to them when the last one left which was about 1970/1. Their festival is meant to be good but have never made it along. The village of Cropredy, where the festival happens, does have an excellent pub though; I have been to that.

I have been to Cropredy once, quite enjoyed it, a rather small festival.

I also used to regularly see Fairport Convention's annual farewell tours.

They don't go away like normal bands!

Lost interest in Fairport Convention after the key people left. They were magical with Ian Matthews, Judy Dyble, Sandy Denny and of course Richard Thompson. Couldn't relate to them when the last one left which was about 1970/1. Their festival is meant to be good but have never made it along. The village of Cropredy, where the festival happens, does have an excellent pub though; I have been to that.

I went for the first time this year with my other half and four others. None of us have much interest in Fairport, which might seem odd especially as the other four have been before, and, in the case of two of them, several times.

In addition to Fairport, there were the likes of Marillion, The Waterboys, The Wonder Stuff and (wait for it) Chas & Dave playing there too. Strangely, the music seemed somewhat incidental in a way--just a background to sitting in a field chatting, drinking and eating (there was some pretty good food available) along with the other 20,000 people.

The camping thing wasn't too bad either--pretty decent porta-showers and what not--although I'm probably a bit too much of a creature comforts type to properly enjoy 'roughing it' (even though it wasn't that rough).

Who knows, I may even do it again sometime. ;)

I went for the first time this year with my other half and four others. None of us have much interest in Fairport, which might seem odd especially as the other four have been before, and, in the case of two of them, several times.

In addition to Fairport, there were the likes of Marillion, The Waterboys, The Wonder Stuff and (wait for it) Chas & Dave playing there too. Strangely, the music seemed somewhat incidental in a way--just a background to sitting in a field chatting, drinking and eating (there was some pretty good food available) along with the other 20,000 people.

The camping thing wasn't too bad either--pretty decent porta-showers and what not--although I'm probably a bit too much of a creature comforts type to properly enjoy 'roughing it' (even though it wasn't that rough).

Who knows, I may even do it again sometime. ;)

It usually rained and then I had trouble getting the car out of a soggy field!