House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

I'm Calling The Top!

Yup, I'm sticking my head out to say the 9th August 2014 is the top of the market. This is exactly 7 years from the last crash in 2007 when the credit markets froze!

Ok, like in 2007 it took over a year until it was plain as day that the market was falling.. so I expect the same this time. Maybe they will hold out until the next election - just?

Oh, and maybe there is something in that 7 year cycle!

Yup, I'm sticking my head out to say the 9th August 2014 is the top of the market. This is exactly 7 years from the last crash in 2007 when the credit markets froze!

Ok, like in 2007 it took over a year until it was plain as day that the market was falling.. so I expect the same this time. Maybe they will hold out until the next election - just?

I think the top may have been a few months back, but good to see someone else getting the feeling that this could be 'it'.

The top was clearly several months ago .... that was when I bought and you will look back in the years to come as see that this single purchase was the trigger that started the collapse.

All the bears are in now, even Mark Wadsworth. The cash on the sidelines has drived up.

My police officer cousin has just splashed out on a 750k house in Cheshire so everyone who is patting him on the back for being a canny buyer will probably commiserate wholeheartedly when he loses a packet, including the family money he drained

Feels very toppy for that anecdotal reason

Careful. Apostle of the hard left George Osborne can always find a fresh excuse - Russia, the Middle East etc - to lard out billions more in state hand-outs and house price subsidies before the GE.

My police officer cousin has just splashed out on a 750k house in Cheshire so everyone who is patting him on the back for being a canny buyer will probably commiserate wholeheartedly when he loses a packet, including the family money he drained

Feels very toppy for that anecdotal reason

Rank?

Well, according to the author of "The Harbinger", there IS a 7 year cycle that has been playing out since September 2001 when the stock market collapsed by a large amount, and then in September 2008, collapsing by 777 points on the same date in the Hebrew calendar, Elul 29. Lots of other strange "coincidences" too... plenty of Youtube videos about it.

I guess we'll see if it's coincidence or not when the next Elul 29 comes around, on September 13, 2015. :D

You probably are right in that the tipping point was a few months back with MMR, however I am referring to house prices - the peak with Halifax was August 2007 (and they have been rising in the indexes to date), and I am expecting a similar peak now.

Ok, I will have to wait until early next month to see if it is higher than July's data...

If I'm wrong, well - I'm not advising anyone, and I'm not sticking my head in the media telling people not to buy.. like the VIs tell you to buy. Oh, and I'll refer to Nationwide's index which peaked in Oct 2007 :lol:

Not so sure. There is more juice to squeeze in all forms. A lot of which won't be considered by the average 'i want to get a foot on the property ladder types'. Public sector pay rise next year...keep all happy. Pound devaluing. Rethinking the new mortgage rules. Shifting stamp duty thresholds. Making sure too many properties are NOT built, starting a war to keep the economy up...so on. Then of course everyone ends up needing to put down roots due to schooling, rental uncertainties etc.

Forces against a crash are strong...very strong. Even if there is a crash in real terms...people might not notice it! Like salaries have crashed over the last seven years

Not so sure. There is more juice to squeeze in all forms. A lot of which won't be considered by the average 'i want to get a foot on the property ladder types'. Public sector pay rise next year...keep all happy. Pound devaluing. Rethinking the new mortgage rules. Shifting stamp duty thresholds. Making sure too many properties are NOT built, starting a war to keep the economy up...so on. Then of course everyone ends up needing to put down roots due to schooling, rental uncertainties etc.

Forces against a crash are strong...very strong. Even if there is a crash in real terms...people might not notice it! Like salaries have crashed over the last seven years

Forces for a crash are stronger...the stupid prices.

Wtf

Wtf

He is correct imho, whilst interest rates are very low mortgage repayments are affordable thus no significant crash where property prices become affordable.

The last 7 years shows this is the case.

Best we can hope for is a Labour victory is 2015 and the markets go against them this forcing interest rates to rise significantly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/11023521/Teachers-police-officers-and-nurses-dragged-into-40p-rate.html#comment-1535572432

There's a little too much in the media about an impending crash for my liking....Becomes a counter-indicator!? Crashes come without fanfare or warning.