House Price Crash Forum

Unbelieveably Good Things

HOLA441

My local greengrocer has started stocking Saudi "Barni"-variety dates in 800g vacuum packs for just £1.99.

He says I'm the only person yet to buy them (I'm on my 2nd pack now).

Of the people I have recommended these to, about 80% (including the greengrocer) have expressed vague disgust, citing Eat-Me memories of Christmasses-past.

Needless to say, these are in a totally different class: super-sweet, soft and chewy like caramels but with a slight crystalline crunch of sugar on the outside. nature's candy!

I'm off to get another pack.

5_2_2.jpg

EDIT: bggger! misspelt "unbelievably" in the title. oh well, can't change it now.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I won't even pretend to know what an Ableton Push Controller is/does, soooo

UFO/donut peaches. £1 at the devil's greengrocer Tesco. Never tried them before - they're fabulous. B)

Huge, fat, very sweet black cherries from Kent, found the other day in the W supermarket where I am usually too tight to shop. Not cheap but worth it.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest eight

Driving

I must admit, we have a very small, basic and quite old Fiat and I absolutely love going out for a spin in the wilds in that.

Will probably let me down in the middle of nowhere one day.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I must admit, we have a very small, basic and quite old Fiat and I absolutely love going out for a spin in the wilds in that.

If a Fiat gets you there and back it has let you down as they are supposed to conk out

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I used to have a very expensive superbike, which for insurance reasons was kept at my parents, however I used to have a much larger grin on my face racing round the country on a Honda 100cc me and my flat mate purchased together.

HOLA4417

I used to have a very expensive superbike, which for insurance reasons was kept at my parents, however I used to have a much larger grin on my face racing round the country on a Honda 100cc me and my flat mate purchased together.

I have the same quandary: 170hp bike in the garage that's done about 50 miles this summer, and all I want to ride lately when the sun's out is my little Vespa puddlejumper. A total riot in the city.

Why do they never tell you that at CBT!?! ;-)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Try wasabi cashews - heaven :)

In fact wasabi is just inferior horseradish so wait till first frost then get digging and stick it on everything, that's my plan this year and the patch has already been located :)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Huge, fat, very sweet black cherries from Kent, found the other day in the W supermarket where I am usually too tight to shop. Not cheap but worth it.

Cherries are very much a binary purchase, I find; they're either stellar and worth the premium, or else tasteless - um - cerise spheres. :-\

Picota are my cherry acme, but only seem to have a very narrow optimum season IME. But yes, the Kentish ones have been very good recently.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived