House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

Unbelieveably Good Things

My local greengrocer has started stocking Saudi "Barni"-variety dates in 800g vacuum packs for just £1.99.

He says I'm the only person yet to buy them (I'm on my 2nd pack now).

Of the people I have recommended these to, about 80% (including the greengrocer) have expressed vague disgust, citing Eat-Me memories of Christmasses-past.

Needless to say, these are in a totally different class: super-sweet, soft and chewy like caramels but with a slight crystalline crunch of sugar on the outside. nature's candy!

I'm off to get another pack.

5_2_2.jpg

EDIT: bggger! misspelt "unbelievably" in the title. oh well, can't change it now.

Guest eight

Malt whisky.

Seeing as someone had the audacity to put it on the Unbelievably Crap thread.

Hello! :P

I won't even pretend to know what an Ableton Push Controller is/does, soooo

UFO/donut peaches. £1 at the devil's greengrocer Tesco. Never tried them before - they're fabulous. B)

I won't even pretend to know what an Ableton Push Controller is/does, soooo

UFO/donut peaches. £1 at the devil's greengrocer Tesco. Never tried them before - they're fabulous. B)

Huge, fat, very sweet black cherries from Kent, found the other day in the W supermarket where I am usually too tight to shop. Not cheap but worth it.

Guest eight

Driving

I must admit, we have a very small, basic and quite old Fiat and I absolutely love going out for a spin in the wilds in that.

Will probably let me down in the middle of nowhere one day.

I must admit, we have a very small, basic and quite old Fiat and I absolutely love going out for a spin in the wilds in that.

If a Fiat gets you there and back it has let you down as they are supposed to conk out

The Ableton Push controller.

Incredibly well made piece of kit and an absolute joy to work with.

fade-02.jpg

What do you do with it if you mind me asking...? DJ'ing, remixing, production???

I used to have a very expensive superbike, which for insurance reasons was kept at my parents, however I used to have a much larger grin on my face racing round the country on a Honda 100cc me and my flat mate purchased together.

I used to have a very expensive superbike, which for insurance reasons was kept at my parents, however I used to have a much larger grin on my face racing round the country on a Honda 100cc me and my flat mate purchased together.

I have the same quandary: 170hp bike in the garage that's done about 50 miles this summer, and all I want to ride lately when the sun's out is my little Vespa puddlejumper. A total riot in the city.

Why do they never tell you that at CBT!?! ;-)

We're allowed 5 right as per the crap thread :)

Bacon (esp. home cured)

Endorphins

Barbecues

'Some' things pets do (kids I guess for some)

Being merry

:)

Bacon (esp. home cured)

Mangalitsa bacon

Petrichor

A cold beer on a warm afternoon

Summer fruit & veg

Wasabi peas

Try wasabi cashews - heaven :)

In fact wasabi is just inferior horseradish so wait till first frost then get digging and stick it on everything, that's my plan this year and the patch has already been located :)

Pickled eggs! I sometimes do my own, pickled with chillis! :D

Huge, fat, very sweet black cherries from Kent, found the other day in the W supermarket where I am usually too tight to shop. Not cheap but worth it.

Cherries are very much a binary purchase, I find; they're either stellar and worth the premium, or else tasteless - um - cerise spheres. :-\

Picota are my cherry acme, but only seem to have a very narrow optimum season IME. But yes, the Kentish ones have been very good recently.

Proper black pudding.