House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

Bbc News 24 - Us Housing Market Like "dot Com Era"

On right now!

They weathered the hurricanes, but this guy reckons that the housing market is the much, much bigger danger.

Great stuff. This has been a fantastic week for bears, I love it.

On right now!

They weathered the hurricanes, but this guy reckons that the housing market is the much, much bigger danger.

Great stuff. This has been a fantastic week for bears, I love it.

Now it would be good if they could say the same about the UK market.

Now it would be good if they could say the same about the UK market.

No No No "Its Different This Time, Property Will Never Go Down"

(Wasnt this what the UK Press was reporting upto a year ago, even when its down 30 % we will keep hearing its flattening out still)

Any link to it anywhere?

http://www.builderonline.com/

A VI online magazine in the US

Growth in home prices in Arizona continues to accelerate, with a one-year rate of increase of 30 percent - the largest of any state by a wide margin.

"Price momentum in the Pacific and New England states, in particular, has pulled back."

http://www.builderonline.com/industry-news...rticleID=223002

Don't forget the UK led the Great Crash of 1989 by about 6-12 months. California peaked in late 2004 and are on the way down as are the Eastern Seaboard States. Mid-America remains strong as houses are cheap by comparison. The bubble is worldwide that is for sure.

Edited by Realistbear

Hi RichM

I don't often watch BBC News 24 these days but I did indeed catch this segment last night on the World Business Report.

It was that guy from the Lehman Brothers wasn't it ? He disagreed with George Bush's assessment that the "strong" housing market as he describes is good for the US economy.

I nodded quite a bit through that segment. He also predicte a correction for next year, which the presenter got a bit worried about !

Perhaps the 2001 stocks crash is still too fresh in people's minds to take their money out of property.

I can't recall who the chap was, Warwickshire.

Perhaps the US will be the trigger?

Here is a great post from Saving for a Space Ship, if you want to see the clip:

ON BBc News 24 02.38 -02.41 approx. They just had a very bearish interview with a guy about the US Housing market following Grenspans talk started

mewntioned phrases like housing market being 'artificially strong' compared it to Stock market of 1990's' with 'desperate borrowers behaviour' . Made me laugh when the inter viewer at the end said they had her worried now about the housing market!

I think it was the World Business Report

Realplayer 7-8 mins in (if 2.30am start) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/progs/bu.../wbr/latest.ram

(Edited to make link work)

Edited by RichM

I don't think the BBC is really interested in flagging up the trigger for the coming crash - more a case of taking any opportunity to have a pop at the USA,which they hate.

Cheers,

John

I don't think the BBC is really interested in flagging up the trigger for the coming crash - more a case of taking any opportunity to have a pop at the USA,which they hate.

Cheers,

John

:lol::lol::lol: