House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

Greenspan Warns On U.s. Deficit

Greenspan warns on U.S. deficit ; International Herald Tribune, 2/12/2005

LONDON Alan Greenspan, the chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board, warned the world's finance ministers and central bankers on Friday that the growth in the United States' trade deficit may be "quite painful" for the world economy if it is not halted.

As the keynote speaker at the Group of 7 meeting in London, Greenspan called for America to stop the "pernicious drift toward fiscal instability" created by the high current-account deficit.

ON BBc News 24 02.38 -02.41 approx. They just had a very bearish interview with a guy about the US Housing market following Grenspans talk started

mewntioned phrases like housing market being 'artificially strong' compared it to Stock market of 1990's' with 'desperate borrowers behaviour' . Made me laugh when the inter viewer at the end said they had her worried now about the housing market!

I think it was the World Business Report

Realplayer 7-8 mins in (if 2.30am start) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/progs/bu.../wbr/latest.ram

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

ON BBc News 24 02.38 -02.41 approx. They just had a very bearish interview with a guy about the US Housing market following Grenspans talk started

mewntioned phrases like housing market being 'artificially strong' compared it to Stock market of 1990's' with 'desperate borrowers behaviour' . Made me laugh when the inter viewer at the end said they had her worried now about the housing market!

I think it was the World Business Report

Realplayer 7-8 mins in (if 2.30am start) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/progs/bu.../wbr/latest.ram

Hmmm, you got a link in but I managed to get the first thread on it...